Jun 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today, I discussed the five NHL teams I think have the best chance of landing Ilya Kovalchuk … plus the very real possibility he might take the big bucks in the KHL. Ultimately, I listed the Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Still, these are just gut reactions based on the makeup of the teams’ rosters, their typical budgets, the size of the markets and cap space available. Chances are, there are other teams who would make some serious sacrifices to land the best goal scorer to become available in unrestricted free agency in years. Besides, it’s always fun to take the temperature of PHT readers, so I must ask: who do you think will land Kovalchuk?
(Note: I didn’t list all 30 teams, but you can write in a candidate. We might change up the poll a bit if there’s one team getting written in a ton. Most of these additions are based on cap space, although I threw the Devils in there since they were his last team and the Capitals because … they really, really love Russians. It’s listed in alphabetical order after the KHL.)
Please vote below.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)