Jun 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Earlier today, I discussed the five NHL teams I think have the best chance of landing Ilya Kovalchuk … plus the very real possibility he might take the big bucks in the KHL. Ultimately, I listed the Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Still, these are just gut reactions based on the makeup of the teams’ rosters, their typical budgets, the size of the markets and cap space available. Chances are, there are other teams who would make some serious sacrifices to land the best goal scorer to become available in unrestricted free agency in years. Besides, it’s always fun to take the temperature of PHT readers, so I must ask: who do you think will land Kovalchuk?
(Note: I didn’t list all 30 teams, but you can write in a candidate. We might change up the poll a bit if there’s one team getting written in a ton. Most of these additions are based on cap space, although I threw the Devils in there since they were his last team and the Capitals because … they really, really love Russians. It’s listed in alphabetical order after the KHL.)
Please vote below.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3