Jun 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today, I discussed the five NHL teams I think have the best chance of landing Ilya Kovalchuk … plus the very real possibility he might take the big bucks in the KHL. Ultimately, I listed the Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Still, these are just gut reactions based on the makeup of the teams’ rosters, their typical budgets, the size of the markets and cap space available. Chances are, there are other teams who would make some serious sacrifices to land the best goal scorer to become available in unrestricted free agency in years. Besides, it’s always fun to take the temperature of PHT readers, so I must ask: who do you think will land Kovalchuk?
(Note: I didn’t list all 30 teams, but you can write in a candidate. We might change up the poll a bit if there’s one team getting written in a ton. Most of these additions are based on cap space, although I threw the Devils in there since they were his last team and the Capitals because … they really, really love Russians. It’s listed in alphabetical order after the KHL.)
Please vote below.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6