Jun 30, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
While the Columbus Blue Jackets claimed Ethan Moreau off of waivers, there are plenty of other players on the waiver wire today. Here is a list from Kevin Allen of USA Today.
On waivers today: Tom Preissing, Jay Pandolfo, Andrew Peters, Nigel Dawes and Nokelainen.
Preissing is a very flawed defenseman (although he could provide plenty of “Preissing on Aisle 5″ fun). Pandolfo is a hard-working, hustle guy who often seemed on the wrong end of goals. Peters, Dawes and Petteri Nokelainen are marginal players, at best.
Every now and then, a good player gets stuck in a bad place. After all, Danny Briere was the 2010 playoffs’ leading scorer and he was once waived by the Phoenix Coyotes.
It’s doubtful that any of those players will make more than a minimal impact on potential teams, but we’ll keep you up to date if they catch on anywhere this week.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)