Jun 30, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
While the Columbus Blue Jackets claimed Ethan Moreau off of waivers, there are plenty of other players on the waiver wire today. Here is a list from Kevin Allen of USA Today.
On waivers today: Tom Preissing, Jay Pandolfo, Andrew Peters, Nigel Dawes and Nokelainen.
Preissing is a very flawed defenseman (although he could provide plenty of “Preissing on Aisle 5″ fun). Pandolfo is a hard-working, hustle guy who often seemed on the wrong end of goals. Peters, Dawes and Petteri Nokelainen are marginal players, at best.
Every now and then, a good player gets stuck in a bad place. After all, Danny Briere was the 2010 playoffs’ leading scorer and he was once waived by the Phoenix Coyotes.
It’s doubtful that any of those players will make more than a minimal impact on potential teams, but we’ll keep you up to date if they catch on anywhere this week.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)