Jun 30, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
While the Columbus Blue Jackets claimed Ethan Moreau off of waivers, there are plenty of other players on the waiver wire today. Here is a list from Kevin Allen of USA Today.
On waivers today: Tom Preissing, Jay Pandolfo, Andrew Peters, Nigel Dawes and Nokelainen.
Preissing is a very flawed defenseman (although he could provide plenty of “Preissing on Aisle 5″ fun). Pandolfo is a hard-working, hustle guy who often seemed on the wrong end of goals. Peters, Dawes and Petteri Nokelainen are marginal players, at best.
Every now and then, a good player gets stuck in a bad place. After all, Danny Briere was the 2010 playoffs’ leading scorer and he was once waived by the Phoenix Coyotes.
It’s doubtful that any of those players will make more than a minimal impact on potential teams, but we’ll keep you up to date if they catch on anywhere this week.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10