Jun 30, 2010, 1:10 PM EST
While the Columbus Blue Jackets claimed Ethan Moreau off of waivers, there are plenty of other players on the waiver wire today. Here is a list from Kevin Allen of USA Today.
On waivers today: Tom Preissing, Jay Pandolfo, Andrew Peters, Nigel Dawes and Nokelainen.
Preissing is a very flawed defenseman (although he could provide plenty of “Preissing on Aisle 5″ fun). Pandolfo is a hard-working, hustle guy who often seemed on the wrong end of goals. Peters, Dawes and Petteri Nokelainen are marginal players, at best.
Every now and then, a good player gets stuck in a bad place. After all, Danny Briere was the 2010 playoffs’ leading scorer and he was once waived by the Phoenix Coyotes.
It’s doubtful that any of those players will make more than a minimal impact on potential teams, but we’ll keep you up to date if they catch on anywhere this week.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)