Jun 29, 2010, 3:25 PM EST
Former Los Angeles Kings assistant head coach Mark Hardy appears that he’ll be getting a break from the law in the felony sexual abuse case brought against him by his own daughter. Rich Hammond from the LA Kings Insider gives us the details.
Craig Renetzky, the Woodland Hills-based attorney for former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy, called to let me know that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., has filed a request to have the charge against Hardy — felony sexual abuse — reduced to a misdemeanor.
It will be up to a judge to approve the request and while I’m certainly far from qualified to discuss the matters having to do with the law, I’d say that the U.S. Attorney’s Office coming in and making this request bodes well for Hardy to get this charge reduced and move on from what looks to be an extremely ugly situation.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)