Jun 29, 2010, 7:31 PM EDT
With the 2010 NHL Free Agency market set to open on Thursday, we’ll
be listing the top unrestricted free agents in all three positions throughout the
day. This isn’t the
full list of free agents, but it’s a good chunk of them. The forwards:
||09-10 cap hHit
Obviously all of the focus is on Kovalchuk and
where’s going, but after that this is obviously a bit of an
underwhelming group of players. The bad news for some teams — and the
good news for these free agents — is that teams will likely overspend
for just “okay” players.
If Mike Modano does decide to come back
this next season, he’s going to make a contending a team very happy.
He’ll provide solid leadership and experience, and he still has that
scoring ability that mkes him so special.
Let’s just hope that
Kyle Wellwood ends up in a city that is known for being healthy. I don’t
know if that city exists in North America, however.
Afinogenov will be a great pickup, as he was one of the most valuable
forwards in the NHL last season. He’ll be looking for a raise, but he
won’t be completely out of reach for teams in need of a scoring forward.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)