Jun 28, 2010, 6:10 PM EST
While we sit around eagerly awaiting the possibility of trades involving Marc Savard or Tim Thomas, other teams continue to carry on with business as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tweets to us.
Denver Post news: Avs acquire Dan Winik (sic) from Phoenix for 4th round pick next year
Spelling error aside, that’s Daniel Winnik whom the Avalanche acquired. Winnik was a fourth line player for the Coyotes last season racking up four goals and 15 assists in 74 games for Phoenix. He’ll be a depth player for the Avalanche likely also seeing time on the third or fourth lines and should be able to jump into coach Joe Sacco’s system easily.
I know this isn’t the trade you were hoping to hear about, but sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might just get it. Consider this your lesson in making crazy wishes.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)