Jun 28, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
While we sit around eagerly awaiting the possibility of trades involving Marc Savard or Tim Thomas, other teams continue to carry on with business as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tweets to us.
Denver Post news: Avs acquire Dan Winik (sic) from Phoenix for 4th round pick next year
Spelling error aside, that’s Daniel Winnik whom the Avalanche acquired. Winnik was a fourth line player for the Coyotes last season racking up four goals and 15 assists in 74 games for Phoenix. He’ll be a depth player for the Avalanche likely also seeing time on the third or fourth lines and should be able to jump into coach Joe Sacco’s system easily.
I know this isn’t the trade you were hoping to hear about, but sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might just get it. Consider this your lesson in making crazy wishes.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)