Jun 28, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
While we sit around eagerly awaiting the possibility of trades involving Marc Savard or Tim Thomas, other teams continue to carry on with business as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tweets to us.
Denver Post news: Avs acquire Dan Winik (sic) from Phoenix for 4th round pick next year
Spelling error aside, that’s Daniel Winnik whom the Avalanche acquired. Winnik was a fourth line player for the Coyotes last season racking up four goals and 15 assists in 74 games for Phoenix. He’ll be a depth player for the Avalanche likely also seeing time on the third or fourth lines and should be able to jump into coach Joe Sacco’s system easily.
I know this isn’t the trade you were hoping to hear about, but sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might just get it. Consider this your lesson in making crazy wishes.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)