Jun 28, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
While we sit around eagerly awaiting the possibility of trades involving Marc Savard or Tim Thomas, other teams continue to carry on with business as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tweets to us.
Denver Post news: Avs acquire Dan Winik (sic) from Phoenix for 4th round pick next year
Spelling error aside, that’s Daniel Winnik whom the Avalanche acquired. Winnik was a fourth line player for the Coyotes last season racking up four goals and 15 assists in 74 games for Phoenix. He’ll be a depth player for the Avalanche likely also seeing time on the third or fourth lines and should be able to jump into coach Joe Sacco’s system easily.
I know this isn’t the trade you were hoping to hear about, but sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might just get it. Consider this your lesson in making crazy wishes.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)