Jun 28, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
While we sit around eagerly awaiting the possibility of trades involving Marc Savard or Tim Thomas, other teams continue to carry on with business as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tweets to us.
Denver Post news: Avs acquire Dan Winik (sic) from Phoenix for 4th round pick next year
Spelling error aside, that’s Daniel Winnik whom the Avalanche acquired. Winnik was a fourth line player for the Coyotes last season racking up four goals and 15 assists in 74 games for Phoenix. He’ll be a depth player for the Avalanche likely also seeing time on the third or fourth lines and should be able to jump into coach Joe Sacco’s system easily.
I know this isn’t the trade you were hoping to hear about, but sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might just get it. Consider this your lesson in making crazy wishes.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)