Jun 28, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Among others, the Edmonton Oilers gave qualifying offers to Andrew
Cogliano, Jeff Deslauriers and Devan Dubnyk this afternoon. One player
not getting an offer, surprisingly, is forward Ryan Potulny.
off his first full season in the NHL (64 games in 2010-11), Potulny had
15 goals and 31 points and was one of the few bright spots with the
Oilers last season.
He’s a skilled forward that can bring
production to a team’s third or fourth line and with him now set to
become a free agent, he’ll be a great pick up for any team looking for
scoring depth for a good price. He’s been successful at the AHL level as
well, scoring 109 points in 128 AHL games between 2007 and 2009.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25