Jun 28, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Among others, the Edmonton Oilers gave qualifying offers to Andrew
Cogliano, Jeff Deslauriers and Devan Dubnyk this afternoon. One player
not getting an offer, surprisingly, is forward Ryan Potulny.
off his first full season in the NHL (64 games in 2010-11), Potulny had
15 goals and 31 points and was one of the few bright spots with the
Oilers last season.
He’s a skilled forward that can bring
production to a team’s third or fourth line and with him now set to
become a free agent, he’ll be a great pick up for any team looking for
scoring depth for a good price. He’s been successful at the AHL level as
well, scoring 109 points in 128 AHL games between 2007 and 2009.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10