Jun 28, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Among others, the Edmonton Oilers gave qualifying offers to Andrew
Cogliano, Jeff Deslauriers and Devan Dubnyk this afternoon. One player
not getting an offer, surprisingly, is forward Ryan Potulny.
off his first full season in the NHL (64 games in 2010-11), Potulny had
15 goals and 31 points and was one of the few bright spots with the
Oilers last season.
He’s a skilled forward that can bring
production to a team’s third or fourth line and with him now set to
become a free agent, he’ll be a great pick up for any team looking for
scoring depth for a good price. He’s been successful at the AHL level as
well, scoring 109 points in 128 AHL games between 2007 and 2009.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6