Jun 28, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Among others, the Edmonton Oilers gave qualifying offers to Andrew
Cogliano, Jeff Deslauriers and Devan Dubnyk this afternoon. One player
not getting an offer, surprisingly, is forward Ryan Potulny.
off his first full season in the NHL (64 games in 2010-11), Potulny had
15 goals and 31 points and was one of the few bright spots with the
Oilers last season.
He’s a skilled forward that can bring
production to a team’s third or fourth line and with him now set to
become a free agent, he’ll be a great pick up for any team looking for
scoring depth for a good price. He’s been successful at the AHL level as
well, scoring 109 points in 128 AHL games between 2007 and 2009.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 0
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 3
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 39
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1