Jun 26, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks aren’t waiting until July 1 to build (and in some ways, disband) their roster.
While re-signing three depth players isn’t going to light the world on fire like the Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski deals – or conversely, the lack of an Evgeni Nabokov one – it’s still a sign that the team is getting its ducks in a row. The team announced that they re-signed rugged forward Scott Nichol, recently acquired defenseman Niclas Wallin and center Andrew Desjardins to one-year contracts today.
Financial terms were not yet discussed.
Both Nichol and Wallin are recent additions to the Sharks; Nichol came over as a free agent from the Nashville Predators while Wallin came over from the Carolina Hurricanes. Nichol scored 19 points and compiled 72 PIM in 79 games while Wallin played 70 games between the Sharks and Canes.
Counting Nichol and Wallin, the Sharks now have nine forwards, six defensemen and one goalie under contract (according to their CapGeek roster plus the two re-signed players).
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)