Jun 26, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
The buzz here in Los Angeles is that the Bruins are pushing hard to trade Tim Thomas and Marc Savard, and somehow would like to package them together. That just doesn’t seem possible, especially considering their contracts, but that’s the consistent word.
At the very least, the NTC by Savard and the NMC by Thomas don’t seem to be the big hurdles they should be, as both players have reportedly revealed the team’s they’re willing to go to.
So which teams are looking at the goaltenders? The Philadelphia Flyers seemed to be making a big push for Nabokov yesterday, and when those talks fell apart Sharks GM Doug Wilson said he expected the negotiations to drag on into next week.
When asked about a potential trade for Nabokov, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren first responded with “I have no clue what you’re talking about” before going on to say that he thought that Nabokov “is going to be a free agent.” He was unwilling to talk about any potential trade, in any capacity or whether the Flyers were interested in Nabokov at all.
The other team that seems to be in on the Nabokov talks is Tampa Bay, who is also supposedly going after Tim Thomas.
I’m still not sold on why a team would trade for Thomas to take on his contract at his age, but there certainly appears to be at least some interest in the veteran.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)