Jun 26, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
The buzz here in Los Angeles is that the Bruins are pushing hard to trade Tim Thomas and Marc Savard, and somehow would like to package them together. That just doesn’t seem possible, especially considering their contracts, but that’s the consistent word.
At the very least, the NTC by Savard and the NMC by Thomas don’t seem to be the big hurdles they should be, as both players have reportedly revealed the team’s they’re willing to go to.
So which teams are looking at the goaltenders? The Philadelphia Flyers seemed to be making a big push for Nabokov yesterday, and when those talks fell apart Sharks GM Doug Wilson said he expected the negotiations to drag on into next week.
When asked about a potential trade for Nabokov, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren first responded with “I have no clue what you’re talking about” before going on to say that he thought that Nabokov “is going to be a free agent.” He was unwilling to talk about any potential trade, in any capacity or whether the Flyers were interested in Nabokov at all.
The other team that seems to be in on the Nabokov talks is Tampa Bay, who is also supposedly going after Tim Thomas.
I’m still not sold on why a team would trade for Thomas to take on his contract at his age, but there certainly appears to be at least some interest in the veteran.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)