Jun 26, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
The buzz here in Los Angeles is that the Bruins are pushing hard to trade Tim Thomas and Marc Savard, and somehow would like to package them together. That just doesn’t seem possible, especially considering their contracts, but that’s the consistent word.
At the very least, the NTC by Savard and the NMC by Thomas don’t seem to be the big hurdles they should be, as both players have reportedly revealed the team’s they’re willing to go to.
So which teams are looking at the goaltenders? The Philadelphia Flyers seemed to be making a big push for Nabokov yesterday, and when those talks fell apart Sharks GM Doug Wilson said he expected the negotiations to drag on into next week.
When asked about a potential trade for Nabokov, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren first responded with “I have no clue what you’re talking about” before going on to say that he thought that Nabokov “is going to be a free agent.” He was unwilling to talk about any potential trade, in any capacity or whether the Flyers were interested in Nabokov at all.
The other team that seems to be in on the Nabokov talks is Tampa Bay, who is also supposedly going after Tim Thomas.
I’m still not sold on why a team would trade for Thomas to take on his contract at his age, but there certainly appears to be at least some interest in the veteran.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)