Jun 26, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
The buzz here in Los Angeles is that the Bruins are pushing hard to trade Tim Thomas and Marc Savard, and somehow would like to package them together. That just doesn’t seem possible, especially considering their contracts, but that’s the consistent word.
At the very least, the NTC by Savard and the NMC by Thomas don’t seem to be the big hurdles they should be, as both players have reportedly revealed the team’s they’re willing to go to.
So which teams are looking at the goaltenders? The Philadelphia Flyers seemed to be making a big push for Nabokov yesterday, and when those talks fell apart Sharks GM Doug Wilson said he expected the negotiations to drag on into next week.
When asked about a potential trade for Nabokov, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren first responded with “I have no clue what you’re talking about” before going on to say that he thought that Nabokov “is going to be a free agent.” He was unwilling to talk about any potential trade, in any capacity or whether the Flyers were interested in Nabokov at all.
The other team that seems to be in on the Nabokov talks is Tampa Bay, who is also supposedly going after Tim Thomas.
I’m still not sold on why a team would trade for Thomas to take on his contract at his age, but there certainly appears to be at least some interest in the veteran.
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 0
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)