Jun 26, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
The word down here at the Staples Center is that the Boston Bruins are likely to trade Marc Savard today, as they look to free up some cap space and create room on the roster for first round pick Tyler Seguin.
Even though there’s though Seguin could get one more year in the OHL, there’s still a good chance he makes the jump to the Bruins this season.
The Bruins are looking to get some defense on the way back, and I’ve heard mention that they’d like to package Savard with Tim Thomas if possible. I doubt that trade will happen when you consider Thomas’ contract, but a Savard trade is defenitely possible.
No word on which teams might be interested, or exactly what sort of value the Bruins can get. All we have to go on is a general consensus on the floor and some whispers from the team’s tables.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 8
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 43
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)