Jun 26, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
The word down here at the Staples Center is that the Boston Bruins are likely to trade Marc Savard today, as they look to free up some cap space and create room on the roster for first round pick Tyler Seguin.
Even though there’s though Seguin could get one more year in the OHL, there’s still a good chance he makes the jump to the Bruins this season.
The Bruins are looking to get some defense on the way back, and I’ve heard mention that they’d like to package Savard with Tim Thomas if possible. I doubt that trade will happen when you consider Thomas’ contract, but a Savard trade is defenitely possible.
No word on which teams might be interested, or exactly what sort of value the Bruins can get. All we have to go on is a general consensus on the floor and some whispers from the team’s tables.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)