Jun 26, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
The word down here at the Staples Center is that the Boston Bruins are likely to trade Marc Savard today, as they look to free up some cap space and create room on the roster for first round pick Tyler Seguin.
Even though there’s though Seguin could get one more year in the OHL, there’s still a good chance he makes the jump to the Bruins this season.
The Bruins are looking to get some defense on the way back, and I’ve heard mention that they’d like to package Savard with Tim Thomas if possible. I doubt that trade will happen when you consider Thomas’ contract, but a Savard trade is defenitely possible.
No word on which teams might be interested, or exactly what sort of value the Bruins can get. All we have to go on is a general consensus on the floor and some whispers from the team’s tables.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22