Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
We’re up bright and early on a cool Los Angeles morning, once again live from the draft floor here at the Staples Center.
Once we get past the second round and into the third round, the draft will start to really fly and we’re expecting to get through five rounds today in under four hours.
One thing to keep an eye on is how the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers own nearly one third of the picks in the second round. The Hawks have five picks and the Panthers own four, assuming of course that they keep all of their picks.
With Chicago still looking to make some trades, there’s a chance that some of these picks may be on the move. For now though, the Blackhawks are poised to get great value on a number of players, and should be able to restock a system that was starting to get a bit bare.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)