Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
We’re up bright and early on a cool Los Angeles morning, once again live from the draft floor here at the Staples Center.
Once we get past the second round and into the third round, the draft will start to really fly and we’re expecting to get through five rounds today in under four hours.
One thing to keep an eye on is how the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers own nearly one third of the picks in the second round. The Hawks have five picks and the Panthers own four, assuming of course that they keep all of their picks.
With Chicago still looking to make some trades, there’s a chance that some of these picks may be on the move. For now though, the Blackhawks are poised to get great value on a number of players, and should be able to restock a system that was starting to get a bit bare.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)