Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
We’re up bright and early on a cool Los Angeles morning, once again live from the draft floor here at the Staples Center.
Once we get past the second round and into the third round, the draft will start to really fly and we’re expecting to get through five rounds today in under four hours.
One thing to keep an eye on is how the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers own nearly one third of the picks in the second round. The Hawks have five picks and the Panthers own four, assuming of course that they keep all of their picks.
With Chicago still looking to make some trades, there’s a chance that some of these picks may be on the move. For now though, the Blackhawks are poised to get great value on a number of players, and should be able to restock a system that was starting to get a bit bare.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)