Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
We’re up bright and early on a cool Los Angeles morning, once again live from the draft floor here at the Staples Center.
Once we get past the second round and into the third round, the draft will start to really fly and we’re expecting to get through five rounds today in under four hours.
One thing to keep an eye on is how the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers own nearly one third of the picks in the second round. The Hawks have five picks and the Panthers own four, assuming of course that they keep all of their picks.
With Chicago still looking to make some trades, there’s a chance that some of these picks may be on the move. For now though, the Blackhawks are poised to get great value on a number of players, and should be able to restock a system that was starting to get a bit bare.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 0
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)