Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
We’re up bright and early on a cool Los Angeles morning, once again live from the draft floor here at the Staples Center.
Once we get past the second round and into the third round, the draft will start to really fly and we’re expecting to get through five rounds today in under four hours.
One thing to keep an eye on is how the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers own nearly one third of the picks in the second round. The Hawks have five picks and the Panthers own four, assuming of course that they keep all of their picks.
With Chicago still looking to make some trades, there’s a chance that some of these picks may be on the move. For now though, the Blackhawks are poised to get great value on a number of players, and should be able to restock a system that was starting to get a bit bare.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)