Jun 25, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers traded for defenseman Dan Hamhuis with the intention of signing him to a contract before the NHL Draft.
Well, the draft is tonight and it doesn’t appear the two sides are anywhere closer on a deal. With both sides saying they’d like contract in place before the draft, there’s been recent speculation that the Flyers would be open to trading away his rights for some draft picks tonight.
That doesn’t appear to be the case.
The Flyers made the trade with every intention of Hamhuis being on the team next season, and they have until July 1 to reach a deal before he becomes a free agent. As we approach that deadline, expect for the team to then trade Hamhuis’ rights if it appears a deal won’t be reached then.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 0
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 1
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15