Jun 25, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
Round 1 – 10th overall
New York Rangers –
6’2″, 212 lbs – Defenseman, Moose Jaw (WHL)
The Rangers went with the meanest player in the draft, a big and towering defenseman who loves to punish anyone who comes near the net and is easily the most intimidating player in the draft. He’ll certainly fit on the Rangers, and the fans will instantly love seeing a player like McIlrath hitting forwards at MSG.
Unfortunately, he’s a turnover machine and there was no way I’d put him as high as #10. Glen Sather strikes again.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5