Jun 25, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
Round 1 – 10th overall
New York Rangers -
6’2″, 212 lbs – Defenseman, Moose Jaw (WHL)
The Rangers went with the meanest player in the draft, a big and towering defenseman who loves to punish anyone who comes near the net and is easily the most intimidating player in the draft. He’ll certainly fit on the Rangers, and the fans will instantly love seeing a player like McIlrath hitting forwards at MSG.
Unfortunately, he’s a turnover machine and there was no way I’d put him as high as #10. Glen Sather strikes again.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17