Jun 25, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
Round 1 – 18th overall
Nashville Predators – Austin Watson
6′ 4″, 185 – Left Wing, Peterborough (OHL)
Austin Watson is a player that didn’t really shine until he was traded mid season to Peterborough, and instantly scouts were able to see just how special he can be. He’s a big player and really knows how to use his size along the boards, and many think that he can be one of the hidden gems from the draft.
He was overshadowed in Windsor, but made a big impression once he was in Peterborough. With the Predators in need of scoring depth in their system, this was a great pick at 18 overall.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38