Jun 25, 2010, 9:51 PM EST
Round 1 – 18th overall
Nashville Predators – Austin Watson
6′ 4″, 185 – Left Wing, Peterborough (OHL)
Austin Watson is a player that didn’t really shine until he was traded mid season to Peterborough, and instantly scouts were able to see just how special he can be. He’s a big player and really knows how to use his size along the boards, and many think that he can be one of the hidden gems from the draft.
He was overshadowed in Windsor, but made a big impression once he was in Peterborough. With the Predators in need of scoring depth in their system, this was a great pick at 18 overall.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8