Jun 25, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
Round 1 – 1st overall
Edmonton Oilers – Taylor Hall
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Left Wing, Windsor (OHL)
This was the logical pick to make for Edmonton, as Hall was the consensus top player in the draft and is one heck of a dynamic scoring winger.
Central scouting had dropped Hall down to #2 in their player rankings in recent weeks, mainly because many feel that in the end Seguin will be the better player of the two. Seguin is the playmaker, while Hall is the finisher.
The Oilers needed a player that can put the puck in the net next season, and Hall will provide that scoring threat they so desperately need.
More to come.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)