Jun 25, 2010, 7:17 PM EST
Round 1 – 1st overall
Edmonton Oilers – Taylor Hall
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Left Wing, Windsor (OHL)
This was the logical pick to make for Edmonton, as Hall was the consensus top player in the draft and is one heck of a dynamic scoring winger.
Central scouting had dropped Hall down to #2 in their player rankings in recent weeks, mainly because many feel that in the end Seguin will be the better player of the two. Seguin is the playmaker, while Hall is the finisher.
The Oilers needed a player that can put the puck in the net next season, and Hall will provide that scoring threat they so desperately need.
More to come.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)