Jun 25, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
Round 1 – 1st overall
Edmonton Oilers – Taylor Hall
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Left Wing, Windsor (OHL)
This was the logical pick to make for Edmonton, as Hall was the consensus top player in the draft and is one heck of a dynamic scoring winger.
Central scouting had dropped Hall down to #2 in their player rankings in recent weeks, mainly because many feel that in the end Seguin will be the better player of the two. Seguin is the playmaker, while Hall is the finisher.
The Oilers needed a player that can put the puck in the net next season, and Hall will provide that scoring threat they so desperately need.
More to come.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona