Jun 25, 2010, 7:17 PM EST
Round 1 – 1st overall
Edmonton Oilers – Taylor Hall
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Left Wing, Windsor (OHL)
This was the logical pick to make for Edmonton, as Hall was the consensus top player in the draft and is one heck of a dynamic scoring winger.
Central scouting had dropped Hall down to #2 in their player rankings in recent weeks, mainly because many feel that in the end Seguin will be the better player of the two. Seguin is the playmaker, while Hall is the finisher.
The Oilers needed a player that can put the puck in the net next season, and Hall will provide that scoring threat they so desperately need.
More to come.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)