Jun 25, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Round 1 – 6th overall
Tampa Bay Lightning – Brett Connolly
6’2″, 181 lbs, Prince George (WHL)
Steve Yzerman’s first draft pick as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning was a high-risk, high-reward move in the form of Connolly.
Much like his (considerably) older brother Tim of the Buffalo Sabres, Brett is a talented forward who also happens to be very injury prone. He only played in 16 games last year. Brandon mentioned that Connolly might be the best prospect in the draft if he stays healthy.
The Lightning are stockpiling prospects over the last three years, with Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman being immediate successes in the NHL. If Connolly can stay on the ice, this could be a boon for the Bolts.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)