Jun 25, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Round 1 – 6th overall
Tampa Bay Lightning – Brett Connolly
6’2″, 181 lbs, Prince George (WHL)
Steve Yzerman’s first draft pick as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning was a high-risk, high-reward move in the form of Connolly.
Much like his (considerably) older brother Tim of the Buffalo Sabres, Brett is a talented forward who also happens to be very injury prone. He only played in 16 games last year. Brandon mentioned that Connolly might be the best prospect in the draft if he stays healthy.
The Lightning are stockpiling prospects over the last three years, with Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman being immediate successes in the NHL. If Connolly can stay on the ice, this could be a boon for the Bolts.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 13
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 7
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 36
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)