Jun 25, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Round 1 – 6th overall
Tampa Bay Lightning – Brett Connolly
6’2″, 181 lbs, Prince George (WHL)
Steve Yzerman’s first draft pick as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning was a high-risk, high-reward move in the form of Connolly.
Much like his (considerably) older brother Tim of the Buffalo Sabres, Brett is a talented forward who also happens to be very injury prone. He only played in 16 games last year. Brandon mentioned that Connolly might be the best prospect in the draft if he stays healthy.
The Lightning are stockpiling prospects over the last three years, with Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman being immediate successes in the NHL. If Connolly can stay on the ice, this could be a boon for the Bolts.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)