Jun 25, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Round 1 – 6th overall
Tampa Bay Lightning – Brett Connolly
6’2″, 181 lbs, Prince George (WHL)
Steve Yzerman’s first draft pick as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning was a high-risk, high-reward move in the form of Connolly.
Much like his (considerably) older brother Tim of the Buffalo Sabres, Brett is a talented forward who also happens to be very injury prone. He only played in 16 games last year. Brandon mentioned that Connolly might be the best prospect in the draft if he stays healthy.
The Lightning are stockpiling prospects over the last three years, with Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman being immediate successes in the NHL. If Connolly can stay on the ice, this could be a boon for the Bolts.
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)