Jun 25, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Round 1 – 6th overall
Tampa Bay Lightning – Brett Connolly
6’2″, 181 lbs, Prince George (WHL)
Steve Yzerman’s first draft pick as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning was a high-risk, high-reward move in the form of Connolly.
Much like his (considerably) older brother Tim of the Buffalo Sabres, Brett is a talented forward who also happens to be very injury prone. He only played in 16 games last year. Brandon mentioned that Connolly might be the best prospect in the draft if he stays healthy.
The Lightning are stockpiling prospects over the last three years, with Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman being immediate successes in the NHL. If Connolly can stay on the ice, this could be a boon for the Bolts.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)