Jun 25, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
Round 1 – 15th overall
Los Angeles Kings (via Florida Panthers) – Derek Forbort
6’4″, 198 lbs., defenseman, USA U-18 (USDP)
Taking advantage of new GM Dale Tallon’s trade addiction, the Kings moved their 19th and 59th draft picks in exchange for the 15th pick. To the thunderous approval of their fans, Forbort threw on a glorious gold throwback jersey to mark his place as a part of the Kings franchise.
He won’t bring much offense to the table, but Forbort is a big, steady defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is putting together an absurd treasure drove of young defensive prospects, so Forbort will have to be special to make their roster in the foreseeable future.
It’s been a hectic last couple of picks/trades, so stay tuned for more crazy news.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)