Jun 25, 2010, 9:20 PM EST
Round 1 – 15th overall
Los Angeles Kings (via Florida Panthers) – Derek Forbort
6’4″, 198 lbs., defenseman, USA U-18 (USDP)
Taking advantage of new GM Dale Tallon’s trade addiction, the Kings moved their 19th and 59th draft picks in exchange for the 15th pick. To the thunderous approval of their fans, Forbort threw on a glorious gold throwback jersey to mark his place as a part of the Kings franchise.
He won’t bring much offense to the table, but Forbort is a big, steady defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is putting together an absurd treasure drove of young defensive prospects, so Forbort will have to be special to make their roster in the foreseeable future.
It’s been a hectic last couple of picks/trades, so stay tuned for more crazy news.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 56
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)