Jun 25, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
Round 1 – 15th overall
Los Angeles Kings (via Florida Panthers) – Derek Forbort
6’4″, 198 lbs., defenseman, USA U-18 (USDP)
Taking advantage of new GM Dale Tallon’s trade addiction, the Kings moved their 19th and 59th draft picks in exchange for the 15th pick. To the thunderous approval of their fans, Forbort threw on a glorious gold throwback jersey to mark his place as a part of the Kings franchise.
He won’t bring much offense to the table, but Forbort is a big, steady defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is putting together an absurd treasure drove of young defensive prospects, so Forbort will have to be special to make their roster in the foreseeable future.
It’s been a hectic last couple of picks/trades, so stay tuned for more crazy news.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 5
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)