Jun 25, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
Round 1 – 15th overall
Los Angeles Kings (via Florida Panthers) – Derek Forbort
6’4″, 198 lbs., defenseman, USA U-18 (USDP)
Taking advantage of new GM Dale Tallon’s trade addiction, the Kings moved their 19th and 59th draft picks in exchange for the 15th pick. To the thunderous approval of their fans, Forbort threw on a glorious gold throwback jersey to mark his place as a part of the Kings franchise.
He won’t bring much offense to the table, but Forbort is a big, steady defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is putting together an absurd treasure drove of young defensive prospects, so Forbort will have to be special to make their roster in the foreseeable future.
It’s been a hectic last couple of picks/trades, so stay tuned for more crazy news.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)