Jun 25, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
Round 1 – 15th overall
Los Angeles Kings (via Florida Panthers) – Derek Forbort
6’4″, 198 lbs., defenseman, USA U-18 (USDP)
Taking advantage of new GM Dale Tallon’s trade addiction, the Kings moved their 19th and 59th draft picks in exchange for the 15th pick. To the thunderous approval of their fans, Forbort threw on a glorious gold throwback jersey to mark his place as a part of the Kings franchise.
He won’t bring much offense to the table, but Forbort is a big, steady defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi is putting together an absurd treasure drove of young defensive prospects, so Forbort will have to be special to make their roster in the foreseeable future.
It’s been a hectic last couple of picks/trades, so stay tuned for more crazy news.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)