Jun 25, 2010, 10:46 PM EST
Round 1 – 27th overall
Phoenix Coyotes – Mark Visentin
The Coyotes were one of the other teams in the draft that seriously needed to upgrade at goaltender (depth wise) and had a lot of interest in Jack Campbell. They settle instead for OHL goaltender Mark Visentin, who put up fairly decent numbers in a league known for it’s inflated offensive stats.
He has a lot of potential, but you wonder about the Coyotes passing up Calvin Pickard when he was available.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54