Jun 25, 2010, 8:50 PM EST
Round 1 – 12th overall
Anaheim Ducks – Cam Fowler
6’1″, 190 lbs. defenseman, Windsor (OHL)
Fans at the Staples Center greeted the Anaheim Ducks – and their first round pick, Cam Fowler – with a cascade of boos. They might want to get used to jeering the talented defenseman, because chances are, he’ll be a thorn in the side of the Kings for years to come.
Fowler was considered the No. 3 pick (or at least a top-5 selection) according to many experts, so the fact that the Ducks landed him at No. 12 is a potential steal. With Chris Pronger jettisoned in a trade during last year’s draft and Scott Niedermayer announcing his retirement this summer, the future of Anaheim’s blueline is in doubt.
Fowler may very well be the face of that group in a short time.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)