Jun 25, 2010, 8:50 PM EST
Round 1 – 12th overall
Anaheim Ducks – Cam Fowler
6’1″, 190 lbs. defenseman, Windsor (OHL)
Fans at the Staples Center greeted the Anaheim Ducks – and their first round pick, Cam Fowler – with a cascade of boos. They might want to get used to jeering the talented defenseman, because chances are, he’ll be a thorn in the side of the Kings for years to come.
Fowler was considered the No. 3 pick (or at least a top-5 selection) according to many experts, so the fact that the Ducks landed him at No. 12 is a potential steal. With Chris Pronger jettisoned in a trade during last year’s draft and Scott Niedermayer announcing his retirement this summer, the future of Anaheim’s blueline is in doubt.
Fowler may very well be the face of that group in a short time.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2