Jun 25, 2010, 8:50 PM EST
Round 1 – 12th overall
Anaheim Ducks – Cam Fowler
6’1″, 190 lbs. defenseman, Windsor (OHL)
Fans at the Staples Center greeted the Anaheim Ducks – and their first round pick, Cam Fowler – with a cascade of boos. They might want to get used to jeering the talented defenseman, because chances are, he’ll be a thorn in the side of the Kings for years to come.
Fowler was considered the No. 3 pick (or at least a top-5 selection) according to many experts, so the fact that the Ducks landed him at No. 12 is a potential steal. With Chris Pronger jettisoned in a trade during last year’s draft and Scott Niedermayer announcing his retirement this summer, the future of Anaheim’s blueline is in doubt.
Fowler may very well be the face of that group in a short time.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)