Jun 25, 2010, 7:28 PM EST
Round 1 – 2nd overall
Boston Bruins – Tyler Seguin
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Center, Plymouth (OHL)
With the Oilers not surprising anyone, the Bruins settle for what many considered the best player in the draft anyways. What’s interesting is how the Bruins are already stacked at the center position and definitely preferred to have had Hall.
There were some last minute calls being fielded at the Bruins table, however they ended taking Seguin in the end.
There’s some concern over how Seguin went invisible once the the playoffs started while Hall shined, but he’s such a dynamic and well-rounded player that there’s no reason he won’t end up being the better player of the two.
Seguin also has a leaders mentality and the makeup to be a great, respectable young player in the NHL.
More to come.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)