Jun 25, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Round 1 – 2nd overall
Boston Bruins – Tyler Seguin
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Center, Plymouth (OHL)
With the Oilers not surprising anyone, the Bruins settle for what many considered the best player in the draft anyways. What’s interesting is how the Bruins are already stacked at the center position and definitely preferred to have had Hall.
There were some last minute calls being fielded at the Bruins table, however they ended taking Seguin in the end.
There’s some concern over how Seguin went invisible once the the playoffs started while Hall shined, but he’s such a dynamic and well-rounded player that there’s no reason he won’t end up being the better player of the two.
Seguin also has a leaders mentality and the makeup to be a great, respectable young player in the NHL.
More to come.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7