Jun 25, 2010, 7:28 PM EST
Round 1 – 2nd overall
Boston Bruins – Tyler Seguin
6′ 1″, 172 lbs – Center, Plymouth (OHL)
With the Oilers not surprising anyone, the Bruins settle for what many considered the best player in the draft anyways. What’s interesting is how the Bruins are already stacked at the center position and definitely preferred to have had Hall.
There were some last minute calls being fielded at the Bruins table, however they ended taking Seguin in the end.
There’s some concern over how Seguin went invisible once the the playoffs started while Hall shined, but he’s such a dynamic and well-rounded player that there’s no reason he won’t end up being the better player of the two.
Seguin also has a leaders mentality and the makeup to be a great, respectable young player in the NHL.
More to come.
- NHL on NBCSN: Penguins kick off Rivalry Night vs. Capitals 0
- PHT Morning Skate: Saying goodbye to Martin Brodeur (plus a brutal Sidney Crosby typo) 3
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 49
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 16
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)