Jun 25, 2010, 11:05 PM EDT
Round 1 – 30th overall
New York Islanders – Brock Nelson
6’3″, 203 lbs. center, Warroad (HS)
It’s always nice to see a player come through with hockey history in his blood. That’s the case with the awesomely named Brock Nelson*, who is the nephew of “Miracle on Ice” U.S. Olympian Dave Christian. Nelson is a big, skilled forward who could end up being a very interesting prospect for the New York Islanders.
* – Seriously, that’s a name fit for the role of a villain in an 80s high school comedy. I’m a fan of his by default.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15