Jun 25, 2010, 11:05 PM EDT
Round 1 – 30th overall
New York Islanders – Brock Nelson
6’3″, 203 lbs. center, Warroad (HS)
It’s always nice to see a player come through with hockey history in his blood. That’s the case with the awesomely named Brock Nelson*, who is the nephew of “Miracle on Ice” U.S. Olympian Dave Christian. Nelson is a big, skilled forward who could end up being a very interesting prospect for the New York Islanders.
* – Seriously, that’s a name fit for the role of a villain in an 80s high school comedy. I’m a fan of his by default.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32