Jun 25, 2010, 11:05 PM EST
Round 1 – 30th overall
New York Islanders – Brock Nelson
6’3″, 203 lbs. center, Warroad (HS)
It’s always nice to see a player come through with hockey history in his blood. That’s the case with the awesomely named Brock Nelson*, who is the nephew of “Miracle on Ice” U.S. Olympian Dave Christian. Nelson is a big, skilled forward who could end up being a very interesting prospect for the New York Islanders.
* – Seriously, that’s a name fit for the role of a villain in an 80s high school comedy. I’m a fan of his by default.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5