Jun 25, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Round 1 – 14th overall
St. Louis Blues – Jaden Schwartz
5’10″, 180 lbs. center, Tri-City (USHL)
OK, forgive me for the most obvious “Space Balls” pun ever, but … the Schwartz will be with the St. Louis Blues franchise.
Predictability, on the other hand, waved goodbye to the Blues much like Keith Tkachuk’s teeth. If shocking many with their trade for Jaroslav Halak’s rights wasn’t enough, they picked Jaden Schwartz unexpectedly early in the draft. (Our mock draft had Schwartz going to Washington at #26).
The smallish center has plenty of skill who can bring a little sand paper to his game when necessary.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39