Jun 25, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Round 1 – 14th overall
St. Louis Blues – Jaden Schwartz
5’10″, 180 lbs. center, Tri-City (USHL)
OK, forgive me for the most obvious “Space Balls” pun ever, but … the Schwartz will be with the St. Louis Blues franchise.
Predictability, on the other hand, waved goodbye to the Blues much like Keith Tkachuk’s teeth. If shocking many with their trade for Jaroslav Halak’s rights wasn’t enough, they picked Jaden Schwartz unexpectedly early in the draft. (Our mock draft had Schwartz going to Washington at #26).
The smallish center has plenty of skill who can bring a little sand paper to his game when necessary.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 14
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 50
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 38
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)