Jun 25, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Round 1 – 14th overall
St. Louis Blues – Jaden Schwartz
5’10″, 180 lbs. center, Tri-City (USHL)
OK, forgive me for the most obvious “Space Balls” pun ever, but … the Schwartz will be with the St. Louis Blues franchise.
Predictability, on the other hand, waved goodbye to the Blues much like Keith Tkachuk’s teeth. If shocking many with their trade for Jaroslav Halak’s rights wasn’t enough, they picked Jaden Schwartz unexpectedly early in the draft. (Our mock draft had Schwartz going to Washington at #26).
The smallish center has plenty of skill who can bring a little sand paper to his game when necessary.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)