Jun 25, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Round 1 – 14th overall
St. Louis Blues – Jaden Schwartz
5’10”, 180 lbs. center, Tri-City (USHL)
OK, forgive me for the most obvious “Space Balls” pun ever, but … the Schwartz will be with the St. Louis Blues franchise.
Predictability, on the other hand, waved goodbye to the Blues much like Keith Tkachuk’s teeth. If shocking many with their trade for Jaroslav Halak’s rights wasn’t enough, they picked Jaden Schwartz unexpectedly early in the draft. (Our mock draft had Schwartz going to Washington at #26).
The smallish center has plenty of skill who can bring a little sand paper to his game when necessary.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)