Jun 25, 2010, 9:10 PM EDT
Round 1 – 14th overall
St. Louis Blues – Jaden Schwartz
5’10”, 180 lbs. center, Tri-City (USHL)
OK, forgive me for the most obvious “Space Balls” pun ever, but … the Schwartz will be with the St. Louis Blues franchise.
Predictability, on the other hand, waved goodbye to the Blues much like Keith Tkachuk’s teeth. If shocking many with their trade for Jaroslav Halak’s rights wasn’t enough, they picked Jaden Schwartz unexpectedly early in the draft. (Our mock draft had Schwartz going to Washington at #26).
The smallish center has plenty of skill who can bring a little sand paper to his game when necessary.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 3
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9