Jun 25, 2010, 7:41 PM EDT
Round 1 – 4th overall
Columbus Blue Jackets – Ryan Johanson
6′ 2″, 190 lbs, Portland (WHL)
The Columbus Blue Jackets didn’t want to make this pick, but after taking several calls on the draft floor they never got the offer they so desperately wanted.
So instead of taking Cam Fowler they throw a curveball into the proceedings and select center Ryan Johanson from Portland of the WHL.
Johanson is a great playmaker and a great skater who is about as pure a goal scorer as there is in the draft. I doubt anyone decided he was a top 5 pick, and he’s going to need a few more seasons in the WHL to put on some muscle as he’s a bit of a tall, lanky player.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12