Jun 25, 2010, 10:17 PM EST
Round 1 – 24th overall
Chicago Blackhawks – Kevin Hayes
6′ 2″ 201 – Right Wing, Nobles High School
Hayes is a big, burly winger with great scoring ability, who dominated during high school in Massachusetts. He’s a right winger, with a left handed shot who developed into more than just a goal scorer this past year, with 67 points in 28 games at Nobles High. He has flown under the radar a bit this year, although NHL Central Scouting had him ranked in the top 30 for the draft.
It’s going to take some time for him to make it to Chicago, but he’s exactly the type of player the Hawks needed to boost a system that was starting to get a bit thin at forward.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15