Jun 25, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Round 1 – 24th overall
Chicago Blackhawks – Kevin Hayes
6′ 2″ 201 – Right Wing, Nobles High School
Hayes is a big, burly winger with great scoring ability, who dominated during high school in Massachusetts. He’s a right winger, with a left handed shot who developed into more than just a goal scorer this past year, with 67 points in 28 games at Nobles High. He has flown under the radar a bit this year, although NHL Central Scouting had him ranked in the top 30 for the draft.
It’s going to take some time for him to make it to Chicago, but he’s exactly the type of player the Hawks needed to boost a system that was starting to get a bit thin at forward.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21