Jun 25, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Round 1 – 24th overall
Chicago Blackhawks – Kevin Hayes
6′ 2″ 201 – Right Wing, Nobles High School
Hayes is a big, burly winger with great scoring ability, who dominated during high school in Massachusetts. He’s a right winger, with a left handed shot who developed into more than just a goal scorer this past year, with 67 points in 28 games at Nobles High. He has flown under the radar a bit this year, although NHL Central Scouting had him ranked in the top 30 for the draft.
It’s going to take some time for him to make it to Chicago, but he’s exactly the type of player the Hawks needed to boost a system that was starting to get a bit thin at forward.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18