Jun 25, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Round 1 – 24th overall
Chicago Blackhawks – Kevin Hayes
6′ 2″ 201 – Right Wing, Nobles High School
Hayes is a big, burly winger with great scoring ability, who dominated during high school in Massachusetts. He’s a right winger, with a left handed shot who developed into more than just a goal scorer this past year, with 67 points in 28 games at Nobles High. He has flown under the radar a bit this year, although NHL Central Scouting had him ranked in the top 30 for the draft.
It’s going to take some time for him to make it to Chicago, but he’s exactly the type of player the Hawks needed to boost a system that was starting to get a bit thin at forward.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32