Jun 25, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Here are the facts:
The Boston Bruins want Taylor Hall. He’s idolized the Bruins and Bobby Orr (he wears #4 for a reason) and the Bruins want him. They think he’d fit better on the team and while they’ll certainly love to have Seguin, they don’t have room for another center.
Except the Oilers are going to take Hall with the top pick. That is almost a certainty at this point.
The Bruins just don’t have the pieces or the willingness to pay the price to move up to the top spot, and that’s hurting them right now. They’d love to have Hall, will take Seguin if they must.
The Oilers, on the other hand, seem willing to give up the world for that #2 spot. Not a swap, they want both picks. They want both Hall and Seguin, and they are going to make one last hard attempt at selling Peter Chiarelli on that trade.
It doesn’t seem that Boston is willing to make that trade, although you wonder what the Oilers can give up in order to sway the Bruins.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)