Jun 25, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Here are the facts:
The Boston Bruins want Taylor Hall. He’s idolized the Bruins and Bobby Orr (he wears #4 for a reason) and the Bruins want him. They think he’d fit better on the team and while they’ll certainly love to have Seguin, they don’t have room for another center.
Except the Oilers are going to take Hall with the top pick. That is almost a certainty at this point.
The Bruins just don’t have the pieces or the willingness to pay the price to move up to the top spot, and that’s hurting them right now. They’d love to have Hall, will take Seguin if they must.
The Oilers, on the other hand, seem willing to give up the world for that #2 spot. Not a swap, they want both picks. They want both Hall and Seguin, and they are going to make one last hard attempt at selling Peter Chiarelli on that trade.
It doesn’t seem that Boston is willing to make that trade, although you wonder what the Oilers can give up in order to sway the Bruins.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5