Jun 25, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Here are the facts:
The Boston Bruins want Taylor Hall. He’s idolized the Bruins and Bobby Orr (he wears #4 for a reason) and the Bruins want him. They think he’d fit better on the team and while they’ll certainly love to have Seguin, they don’t have room for another center.
Except the Oilers are going to take Hall with the top pick. That is almost a certainty at this point.
The Bruins just don’t have the pieces or the willingness to pay the price to move up to the top spot, and that’s hurting them right now. They’d love to have Hall, will take Seguin if they must.
The Oilers, on the other hand, seem willing to give up the world for that #2 spot. Not a swap, they want both picks. They want both Hall and Seguin, and they are going to make one last hard attempt at selling Peter Chiarelli on that trade.
It doesn’t seem that Boston is willing to make that trade, although you wonder what the Oilers can give up in order to sway the Bruins.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 56
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)