Jun 25, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Here are the facts:
The Boston Bruins want Taylor Hall. He’s idolized the Bruins and Bobby Orr (he wears #4 for a reason) and the Bruins want him. They think he’d fit better on the team and while they’ll certainly love to have Seguin, they don’t have room for another center.
Except the Oilers are going to take Hall with the top pick. That is almost a certainty at this point.
The Bruins just don’t have the pieces or the willingness to pay the price to move up to the top spot, and that’s hurting them right now. They’d love to have Hall, will take Seguin if they must.
The Oilers, on the other hand, seem willing to give up the world for that #2 spot. Not a swap, they want both picks. They want both Hall and Seguin, and they are going to make one last hard attempt at selling Peter Chiarelli on that trade.
It doesn’t seem that Boston is willing to make that trade, although you wonder what the Oilers can give up in order to sway the Bruins.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25