Jun 25, 2010, 5:53 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle has been a mainstay on the trade rumor mills all offseason, as the Maple Leafs look to move him before his NTC kicks in on July 1.
Just don’t expect that trade to happen today.
Brian Burke, talking to the media here in Los Angeles less than an hour before the draft kicks off, said that nothing was in the works for a Maple Leafs trade. There were a number of rumors flying about concerning Kaberle last night and this morning, but it seems that’s all they were.
As we countdown to free agency starting on July 1, however, expect those rumors to kick into full gear.
Burke has said he’s received a number of offers for Kaberle, but nothing to make him pull the trigger before the draft.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)