Jun 25, 2010, 5:53 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle has been a mainstay on the trade rumor mills all offseason, as the Maple Leafs look to move him before his NTC kicks in on July 1.
Just don’t expect that trade to happen today.
Brian Burke, talking to the media here in Los Angeles less than an hour before the draft kicks off, said that nothing was in the works for a Maple Leafs trade. There were a number of rumors flying about concerning Kaberle last night and this morning, but it seems that’s all they were.
As we countdown to free agency starting on July 1, however, expect those rumors to kick into full gear.
Burke has said he’s received a number of offers for Kaberle, but nothing to make him pull the trigger before the draft.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)