Jun 25, 2010, 5:53 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle has been a mainstay on the trade rumor mills all offseason, as the Maple Leafs look to move him before his NTC kicks in on July 1.
Just don’t expect that trade to happen today.
Brian Burke, talking to the media here in Los Angeles less than an hour before the draft kicks off, said that nothing was in the works for a Maple Leafs trade. There were a number of rumors flying about concerning Kaberle last night and this morning, but it seems that’s all they were.
As we countdown to free agency starting on July 1, however, expect those rumors to kick into full gear.
Burke has said he’s received a number of offers for Kaberle, but nothing to make him pull the trigger before the draft.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)