Jun 25, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers appear to be close to trading defenseman Keith Ballard, and it seems that the St. Louis Blues are the other team involved.
There have been several reports that trade sending Ballard to a Western team in very close, while Jeremy Rutherford seems certain that team is the Blues.
We have no word on what the return for Ballard might be.
In other trade news, it doesn’t seem that Toronto is ready to trade away Tomas Kaberle just yet. That’s not to say he won’t be traded before July 1, but for now it seems that a draft day trade just isn’t in the works.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)