Jun 25, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers appear to be close to trading defenseman Keith Ballard, and it seems that the St. Louis Blues are the other team involved.
There have been several reports that trade sending Ballard to a Western team in very close, while Jeremy Rutherford seems certain that team is the Blues.
We have no word on what the return for Ballard might be.
In other trade news, it doesn’t seem that Toronto is ready to trade away Tomas Kaberle just yet. That’s not to say he won’t be traded before July 1, but for now it seems that a draft day trade just isn’t in the works.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (90)