Jun 22, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
Hall of Fame voting is mostly amusing in just about every sport. It reminds me of when people become incensed about Undeserving Player X getting into an All-Star starting lineup thanks to fan voting; at that moment in time, it’s an enormous deal yet … how many people really watch the game itself with anything but faint interest? The same goes for Hall of Fame speeches. Most of the time, it’s like witnessing the growth of grass, aside from the occasional Michael Jordan-style gripe festival.
Really, as long as deserving candidates eventually get in – whether it’s this year or far down the line – does it really matter? I guess that’s another debate entirely.
Still, there are plenty of people who are bitter or befuddled. Why didn’t My Childhood Icon make it? That guy smiled at me once … I think … when he stepped off the ice 10 years ago! So on and so forth.
For those reasons – along with my abundant curiosity – I thought I’d ask, which non-inductee qualifies as the “biggest snub?” Vote below. Please note that you can write in your own candidate, in case you feel someone else was more deserving than the choices provided.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)