Jun 22, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Hall of Fame voting is mostly amusing in just about every sport. It reminds me of when people become incensed about Undeserving Player X getting into an All-Star starting lineup thanks to fan voting; at that moment in time, it’s an enormous deal yet … how many people really watch the game itself with anything but faint interest? The same goes for Hall of Fame speeches. Most of the time, it’s like witnessing the growth of grass, aside from the occasional Michael Jordan-style gripe festival.
Really, as long as deserving candidates eventually get in – whether it’s this year or far down the line – does it really matter? I guess that’s another debate entirely.
Still, there are plenty of people who are bitter or befuddled. Why didn’t My Childhood Icon make it? That guy smiled at me once … I think … when he stepped off the ice 10 years ago! So on and so forth.
For those reasons – along with my abundant curiosity – I thought I’d ask, which non-inductee qualifies as the “biggest snub?” Vote below. Please note that you can write in your own candidate, in case you feel someone else was more deserving than the choices provided.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5