Jun 22, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
Hall of Fame voting is mostly amusing in just about every sport. It reminds me of when people become incensed about Undeserving Player X getting into an All-Star starting lineup thanks to fan voting; at that moment in time, it’s an enormous deal yet … how many people really watch the game itself with anything but faint interest? The same goes for Hall of Fame speeches. Most of the time, it’s like witnessing the growth of grass, aside from the occasional Michael Jordan-style gripe festival.
Really, as long as deserving candidates eventually get in – whether it’s this year or far down the line – does it really matter? I guess that’s another debate entirely.
Still, there are plenty of people who are bitter or befuddled. Why didn’t My Childhood Icon make it? That guy smiled at me once … I think … when he stepped off the ice 10 years ago! So on and so forth.
For those reasons – along with my abundant curiosity – I thought I’d ask, which non-inductee qualifies as the “biggest snub?” Vote below. Please note that you can write in your own candidate, in case you feel someone else was more deserving than the choices provided.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 6
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)