Jun 22, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Hall of Fame voting is mostly amusing in just about every sport. It reminds me of when people become incensed about Undeserving Player X getting into an All-Star starting lineup thanks to fan voting; at that moment in time, it’s an enormous deal yet … how many people really watch the game itself with anything but faint interest? The same goes for Hall of Fame speeches. Most of the time, it’s like witnessing the growth of grass, aside from the occasional Michael Jordan-style gripe festival.
Really, as long as deserving candidates eventually get in – whether it’s this year or far down the line – does it really matter? I guess that’s another debate entirely.
Still, there are plenty of people who are bitter or befuddled. Why didn’t My Childhood Icon make it? That guy smiled at me once … I think … when he stepped off the ice 10 years ago! So on and so forth.
For those reasons – along with my abundant curiosity – I thought I’d ask, which non-inductee qualifies as the “biggest snub?” Vote below. Please note that you can write in your own candidate, in case you feel someone else was more deserving than the choices provided.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)