Jun 21, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Brandon Worley’s picks:
1. Joe Nieuwendyk
2. Doug Gilmour
3. Dave Andreychuk
4. Tom Barrasso
This was a tough one, actually, when you consider who I’d like to see voted in this year. The final spot came down to Barrasso, Adam Oates and Dino Ciccarelli. In the end, it comes down to Barrasso who should have already made it into the HOF. Tough to leave out guys like Oates and Ciccarelli, though.
Joe Yerdon’s picks:
My heart ballot says: Adam Oates, Dino Ciccarelli, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
My head ballot, and the one that I figure will more likely be the one announced: Joe Nieuwendyk, Dave Andreychuk and that’s it.
Nieuwendyk is an automatic pick, his resume is too good. Andreychuk was rumored to be the guy left on the outside of last year’s great class and if the rumor holds out, he’ll certainly get in now. I’ve rallied for Oates, Ciccarelli and Gilmour so much (Oates especially) that I’ve got their numbers memorized. They all deserve to get in and it’s ridiculous (and in some cases quite petty) that this drags on. Hopefully the voters prove me to be wrong somehow.
James O’Brien’s picks:
Joe Nieuwendyk, Adam Oates, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros
Tough omissions: Pavel Bure, Pat Burns
I was ready to pick Bure and Lindros and echo my “quality over quantity” arguments, but Gilmour’s playoff numbers put him over the top. 188 points in 182 postseason games just screams “Hall of Fame” to me. Yes, I made a pro-Hall of Fame argument for Bure (and Lindros); I think Bure should be inducted soon, just not in 2010. The leader of the “Legion of Doom” line won’t win any popularity contests, but sports aren’t dominated by wall flowers alone. Lindros was a special player, whether you like(d) him or not.
Unanimous (three votes): Nieuwendyk, Gilmour
Two votes: Oates
One vote: Andreychuk, Barrasso, Ciccarelli, Lindros
(Coming soon: 10 hockey bloggers weigh in with their ballots.)
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 16
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 20
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 57
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car