Jun 21, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Brandon Worley’s picks:
1. Joe Nieuwendyk
2. Doug Gilmour
3. Dave Andreychuk
4. Tom Barrasso
This was a tough one, actually, when you consider who I’d like to see voted in this year. The final spot came down to Barrasso, Adam Oates and Dino Ciccarelli. In the end, it comes down to Barrasso who should have already made it into the HOF. Tough to leave out guys like Oates and Ciccarelli, though.
Joe Yerdon’s picks:
My heart ballot says: Adam Oates, Dino Ciccarelli, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
My head ballot, and the one that I figure will more likely be the one announced: Joe Nieuwendyk, Dave Andreychuk and that’s it.
Nieuwendyk is an automatic pick, his resume is too good. Andreychuk was rumored to be the guy left on the outside of last year’s great class and if the rumor holds out, he’ll certainly get in now. I’ve rallied for Oates, Ciccarelli and Gilmour so much (Oates especially) that I’ve got their numbers memorized. They all deserve to get in and it’s ridiculous (and in some cases quite petty) that this drags on. Hopefully the voters prove me to be wrong somehow.
James O’Brien’s picks:
Joe Nieuwendyk, Adam Oates, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros
Tough omissions: Pavel Bure, Pat Burns
I was ready to pick Bure and Lindros and echo my “quality over quantity” arguments, but Gilmour’s playoff numbers put him over the top. 188 points in 182 postseason games just screams “Hall of Fame” to me. Yes, I made a pro-Hall of Fame argument for Bure (and Lindros); I think Bure should be inducted soon, just not in 2010. The leader of the “Legion of Doom” line won’t win any popularity contests, but sports aren’t dominated by wall flowers alone. Lindros was a special player, whether you like(d) him or not.
Unanimous (three votes): Nieuwendyk, Gilmour
Two votes: Oates
One vote: Andreychuk, Barrasso, Ciccarelli, Lindros
(Coming soon: 10 hockey bloggers weigh in with their ballots.)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11