Jun 21, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Brandon Worley’s picks:
1. Joe Nieuwendyk
2. Doug Gilmour
3. Dave Andreychuk
4. Tom Barrasso
This was a tough one, actually, when you consider who I’d like to see voted in this year. The final spot came down to Barrasso, Adam Oates and Dino Ciccarelli. In the end, it comes down to Barrasso who should have already made it into the HOF. Tough to leave out guys like Oates and Ciccarelli, though.
Joe Yerdon’s picks:
My heart ballot says: Adam Oates, Dino Ciccarelli, Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk.
My head ballot, and the one that I figure will more likely be the one announced: Joe Nieuwendyk, Dave Andreychuk and that’s it.
Nieuwendyk is an automatic pick, his resume is too good. Andreychuk was rumored to be the guy left on the outside of last year’s great class and if the rumor holds out, he’ll certainly get in now. I’ve rallied for Oates, Ciccarelli and Gilmour so much (Oates especially) that I’ve got their numbers memorized. They all deserve to get in and it’s ridiculous (and in some cases quite petty) that this drags on. Hopefully the voters prove me to be wrong somehow.
James O’Brien’s picks:
Joe Nieuwendyk, Adam Oates, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros
Tough omissions: Pavel Bure, Pat Burns
I was ready to pick Bure and Lindros and echo my “quality over quantity” arguments, but Gilmour’s playoff numbers put him over the top. 188 points in 182 postseason games just screams “Hall of Fame” to me. Yes, I made a pro-Hall of Fame argument for Bure (and Lindros); I think Bure should be inducted soon, just not in 2010. The leader of the “Legion of Doom” line won’t win any popularity contests, but sports aren’t dominated by wall flowers alone. Lindros was a special player, whether you like(d) him or not.
Unanimous (three votes): Nieuwendyk, Gilmour
Two votes: Oates
One vote: Andreychuk, Barrasso, Ciccarelli, Lindros
(Coming soon: 10 hockey bloggers weigh in with their ballots.)
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination