Jun 21, 2010, 1:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott expected to be traded: A lesser man would make a country music joke here.
Lars Eller aims to make team out of training camp: This would make Habs fans 5 percent happier (making them 10 percent happy?).
A sobering Father’s Day story: Probably the highlight of the hockey day.
John MacLean’s rocky ride to Devils job: He still had it easier than his movie alter-ego John McClane. Europeans tried to blow him up and stuff.
Should Lindros, Bure be Hall of Famers?: They’re already in the “much better than their siblings” Hall of Fame with Sly Stallone.
Poll results: Enforcers losing relevance: Don’t punch the messenger, Mr. Boogey Man.
The Devils salary cap situation after the Arnott trade: The team is still in solid shape … but Ilya Kovalchuk? Probably gone.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)