Jun 21, 2010, 1:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott expected to be traded: A lesser man would make a country music joke here.
Lars Eller aims to make team out of training camp: This would make Habs fans 5 percent happier (making them 10 percent happy?).
A sobering Father’s Day story: Probably the highlight of the hockey day.
John MacLean’s rocky ride to Devils job: He still had it easier than his movie alter-ego John McClane. Europeans tried to blow him up and stuff.
Should Lindros, Bure be Hall of Famers?: They’re already in the “much better than their siblings” Hall of Fame with Sly Stallone.
Poll results: Enforcers losing relevance: Don’t punch the messenger, Mr. Boogey Man.
The Devils salary cap situation after the Arnott trade: The team is still in solid shape … but Ilya Kovalchuk? Probably gone.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6