Jun 21, 2010, 1:30 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Jason Arnott expected to be traded: A lesser man would make a country music joke here.
Lars Eller aims to make team out of training camp: This would make Habs fans 5 percent happier (making them 10 percent happy?).
A sobering Father’s Day story: Probably the highlight of the hockey day.
John MacLean’s rocky ride to Devils job: He still had it easier than his movie alter-ego John McClane. Europeans tried to blow him up and stuff.
Should Lindros, Bure be Hall of Famers?: They’re already in the “much better than their siblings” Hall of Fame with Sly Stallone.
Poll results: Enforcers losing relevance: Don’t punch the messenger, Mr. Boogey Man.
The Devils salary cap situation after the Arnott trade: The team is still in solid shape … but Ilya Kovalchuk? Probably gone.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)