Jun 21, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Things already weren’t looking very good for Derek “Boogeyman” Boogaard, but now it seems near-official that the fearsome fighter’s time with the Minnesota Wild is up. Michael Russo reports that the Wild acquired rough-and-tumble forward Brad Staubitz from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Wild’s 2010 fifth-round draft pick.
It won’t make a huge difference for San Jose’s salary cap situation (or Minnesota’s, I guess) since Staubitz is slated to make only $500K if he remains at the NHL-level.
The trade will give San Jose five picks in the 2010 draft (a first rounder, a third rounder and three fifth-round picks) and bumps Minnesota’s collection down to seven (a first rounder, two second, then one pick from the third to the seventh with the exception of that fifth round pick).
(H/T to Fear the Fin.)
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)