Jun 21, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Things already weren’t looking very good for Derek “Boogeyman” Boogaard, but now it seems near-official that the fearsome fighter’s time with the Minnesota Wild is up. Michael Russo reports that the Wild acquired rough-and-tumble forward Brad Staubitz from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Wild’s 2010 fifth-round draft pick.
It won’t make a huge difference for San Jose’s salary cap situation (or Minnesota’s, I guess) since Staubitz is slated to make only $500K if he remains at the NHL-level.
The trade will give San Jose five picks in the 2010 draft (a first rounder, a third rounder and three fifth-round picks) and bumps Minnesota’s collection down to seven (a first rounder, two second, then one pick from the third to the seventh with the exception of that fifth round pick).
(H/T to Fear the Fin.)
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)