Jun 21, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Things already weren’t looking very good for Derek “Boogeyman” Boogaard, but now it seems near-official that the fearsome fighter’s time with the Minnesota Wild is up. Michael Russo reports that the Wild acquired rough-and-tumble forward Brad Staubitz from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Wild’s 2010 fifth-round draft pick.
It won’t make a huge difference for San Jose’s salary cap situation (or Minnesota’s, I guess) since Staubitz is slated to make only $500K if he remains at the NHL-level.
The trade will give San Jose five picks in the 2010 draft (a first rounder, a third rounder and three fifth-round picks) and bumps Minnesota’s collection down to seven (a first rounder, two second, then one pick from the third to the seventh with the exception of that fifth round pick).
(H/T to Fear the Fin.)
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)