Jun 21, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Things already weren’t looking very good for Derek “Boogeyman” Boogaard, but now it seems near-official that the fearsome fighter’s time with the Minnesota Wild is up. Michael Russo reports that the Wild acquired rough-and-tumble forward Brad Staubitz from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Wild’s 2010 fifth-round draft pick.
It won’t make a huge difference for San Jose’s salary cap situation (or Minnesota’s, I guess) since Staubitz is slated to make only $500K if he remains at the NHL-level.
The trade will give San Jose five picks in the 2010 draft (a first rounder, a third rounder and three fifth-round picks) and bumps Minnesota’s collection down to seven (a first rounder, two second, then one pick from the third to the seventh with the exception of that fifth round pick).
(H/T to Fear the Fin.)
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)