Jun 21, 2010, 7:15 PM EST
Things already weren’t looking very good for Derek “Boogeyman” Boogaard, but now it seems near-official that the fearsome fighter’s time with the Minnesota Wild is up. Michael Russo reports that the Wild acquired rough-and-tumble forward Brad Staubitz from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Wild’s 2010 fifth-round draft pick.
It won’t make a huge difference for San Jose’s salary cap situation (or Minnesota’s, I guess) since Staubitz is slated to make only $500K if he remains at the NHL-level.
The trade will give San Jose five picks in the 2010 draft (a first rounder, a third rounder and three fifth-round picks) and bumps Minnesota’s collection down to seven (a first rounder, two second, then one pick from the third to the seventh with the exception of that fifth round pick).
(H/T to Fear the Fin.)
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)