Jun 21, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Not exactly “big changes” but the Nashville Predators are continuing
on their path of moving forward with a bit of a different roster next
season. Of course, this decision doesn’t exactly alter the roster all
Denis Grebeshkov appeared in just four games for the
Predators last season after being traded to Nashville. After making $3.1
million last season, Grebeshkov was not given a qualifying offer by
Nashville; this means he’s all set to become an unrestricted free agent.
There are some thoughts that he is a UFA immediately; whether
that’s true or not he’s still set to become a UFA on July 1.
to John Glennon at the Predators Insider, the team is also
contemplating not giving an offer to forward Dustin Boyd.
was acquired from Calgary for a fourth-round pick last season,
posting five points (three goals, two assists) in 18 games. He made
$650,000 last season, and the Preds would have to make him an offer of
at least $775,000 to keep his rights.
Boyd you could
understand, and I certainly don’t begrudge the Predators for deciding
that Grebeshkov isn’t worth over $3 million next season. But the team
needs to fill roster spots, and right now it certainly appears they are
gearing up to be busy in free agency. Of course, GM David Poile is
adamant this isn’t the case.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)