Jun 21, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Not exactly “big changes” but the Nashville Predators are continuing
on their path of moving forward with a bit of a different roster next
season. Of course, this decision doesn’t exactly alter the roster all
Denis Grebeshkov appeared in just four games for the
Predators last season after being traded to Nashville. After making $3.1
million last season, Grebeshkov was not given a qualifying offer by
Nashville; this means he’s all set to become an unrestricted free agent.
There are some thoughts that he is a UFA immediately; whether
that’s true or not he’s still set to become a UFA on July 1.
to John Glennon at the Predators Insider, the team is also
contemplating not giving an offer to forward Dustin Boyd.
was acquired from Calgary for a fourth-round pick last season,
posting five points (three goals, two assists) in 18 games. He made
$650,000 last season, and the Preds would have to make him an offer of
at least $775,000 to keep his rights.
Boyd you could
understand, and I certainly don’t begrudge the Predators for deciding
that Grebeshkov isn’t worth over $3 million next season. But the team
needs to fill roster spots, and right now it certainly appears they are
gearing up to be busy in free agency. Of course, GM David Poile is
adamant this isn’t the case.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)