Jun 21, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Not exactly “big changes” but the Nashville Predators are continuing
on their path of moving forward with a bit of a different roster next
season. Of course, this decision doesn’t exactly alter the roster all
Denis Grebeshkov appeared in just four games for the
Predators last season after being traded to Nashville. After making $3.1
million last season, Grebeshkov was not given a qualifying offer by
Nashville; this means he’s all set to become an unrestricted free agent.
There are some thoughts that he is a UFA immediately; whether
that’s true or not he’s still set to become a UFA on July 1.
to John Glennon at the Predators Insider, the team is also
contemplating not giving an offer to forward Dustin Boyd.
was acquired from Calgary for a fourth-round pick last season,
posting five points (three goals, two assists) in 18 games. He made
$650,000 last season, and the Preds would have to make him an offer of
at least $775,000 to keep his rights.
Boyd you could
understand, and I certainly don’t begrudge the Predators for deciding
that Grebeshkov isn’t worth over $3 million next season. But the team
needs to fill roster spots, and right now it certainly appears they are
gearing up to be busy in free agency. Of course, GM David Poile is
adamant this isn’t the case.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)