Jun 21, 2010, 9:31 PM EST
Not exactly “big changes” but the Nashville Predators are continuing
on their path of moving forward with a bit of a different roster next
season. Of course, this decision doesn’t exactly alter the roster all
Denis Grebeshkov appeared in just four games for the
Predators last season after being traded to Nashville. After making $3.1
million last season, Grebeshkov was not given a qualifying offer by
Nashville; this means he’s all set to become an unrestricted free agent.
There are some thoughts that he is a UFA immediately; whether
that’s true or not he’s still set to become a UFA on July 1.
to John Glennon at the Predators Insider, the team is also
contemplating not giving an offer to forward Dustin Boyd.
was acquired from Calgary for a fourth-round pick last season,
posting five points (three goals, two assists) in 18 games. He made
$650,000 last season, and the Preds would have to make him an offer of
at least $775,000 to keep his rights.
Boyd you could
understand, and I certainly don’t begrudge the Predators for deciding
that Grebeshkov isn’t worth over $3 million next season. But the team
needs to fill roster spots, and right now it certainly appears they are
gearing up to be busy in free agency. Of course, GM David Poile is
adamant this isn’t the case.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)