Jun 18, 2010, 11:04 PM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
More on the Columbus-Boston trade rumor: Brandon clarifies some things about a story that set the hockey blogosphere abuzz.
Fedorov facing foreclosure on two Detroit homes: Professional athletes might make a lot of money these days, but that doesn’t mean they are always immune to the problems normal humans face.
Joe Sakic hopes for front office position: Perhaps he couldn’t stand the idea of Steve Yzerman getting all that GM attention?
Chris Mason surprised by Halak trade: Join the club.
Dallas Stars might move training camp to Prince Edward Island: As long as they don’t visit Prince Albert Island …
Competition committee proposes head shot penalty: Glad to see that the league (appears) serious about cutting down on the out-of-hand problem.
Rob Blake formally announces retirement: It’s always nice to see a player retire at the right time. Blake still had a bit of gas left in the tank, but now is a good time for him to hang ‘em up.
My choices for an imaginary under-25 First and Second All-Star team: It’s probably important to note that these are the faulty choices of my own. Brandon and Joe would probably pick different squads.
Video: Rob Blake’s “greatest hits”: Seriously, that guy could throw a frightening hip check.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)