Jun 18, 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
More on the Columbus-Boston trade rumor: Brandon clarifies some things about a story that set the hockey blogosphere abuzz.
Fedorov facing foreclosure on two Detroit homes: Professional athletes might make a lot of money these days, but that doesn’t mean they are always immune to the problems normal humans face.
Joe Sakic hopes for front office position: Perhaps he couldn’t stand the idea of Steve Yzerman getting all that GM attention?
Chris Mason surprised by Halak trade: Join the club.
Dallas Stars might move training camp to Prince Edward Island: As long as they don’t visit Prince Albert Island …
Competition committee proposes head shot penalty: Glad to see that the league (appears) serious about cutting down on the out-of-hand problem.
Rob Blake formally announces retirement: It’s always nice to see a player retire at the right time. Blake still had a bit of gas left in the tank, but now is a good time for him to hang ‘em up.
My choices for an imaginary under-25 First and Second All-Star team: It’s probably important to note that these are the faulty choices of my own. Brandon and Joe would probably pick different squads.
Video: Rob Blake’s “greatest hits”: Seriously, that guy could throw a frightening hip check.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 0
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)