Jun 18, 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
More on the Columbus-Boston trade rumor: Brandon clarifies some things about a story that set the hockey blogosphere abuzz.
Fedorov facing foreclosure on two Detroit homes: Professional athletes might make a lot of money these days, but that doesn’t mean they are always immune to the problems normal humans face.
Joe Sakic hopes for front office position: Perhaps he couldn’t stand the idea of Steve Yzerman getting all that GM attention?
Chris Mason surprised by Halak trade: Join the club.
Dallas Stars might move training camp to Prince Edward Island: As long as they don’t visit Prince Albert Island …
Competition committee proposes head shot penalty: Glad to see that the league (appears) serious about cutting down on the out-of-hand problem.
Rob Blake formally announces retirement: It’s always nice to see a player retire at the right time. Blake still had a bit of gas left in the tank, but now is a good time for him to hang ’em up.
My choices for an imaginary under-25 First and Second All-Star team: It’s probably important to note that these are the faulty choices of my own. Brandon and Joe would probably pick different squads.
Video: Rob Blake’s “greatest hits”: Seriously, that guy could throw a frightening hip check.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)