Jun 18, 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
More on the Columbus-Boston trade rumor: Brandon clarifies some things about a story that set the hockey blogosphere abuzz.
Fedorov facing foreclosure on two Detroit homes: Professional athletes might make a lot of money these days, but that doesn’t mean they are always immune to the problems normal humans face.
Joe Sakic hopes for front office position: Perhaps he couldn’t stand the idea of Steve Yzerman getting all that GM attention?
Chris Mason surprised by Halak trade: Join the club.
Dallas Stars might move training camp to Prince Edward Island: As long as they don’t visit Prince Albert Island …
Competition committee proposes head shot penalty: Glad to see that the league (appears) serious about cutting down on the out-of-hand problem.
Rob Blake formally announces retirement: It’s always nice to see a player retire at the right time. Blake still had a bit of gas left in the tank, but now is a good time for him to hang ’em up.
My choices for an imaginary under-25 First and Second All-Star team: It’s probably important to note that these are the faulty choices of my own. Brandon and Joe would probably pick different squads.
Video: Rob Blake’s “greatest hits”: Seriously, that guy could throw a frightening hip check.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)