Jun 18, 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
More on the Columbus-Boston trade rumor: Brandon clarifies some things about a story that set the hockey blogosphere abuzz.
Fedorov facing foreclosure on two Detroit homes: Professional athletes might make a lot of money these days, but that doesn’t mean they are always immune to the problems normal humans face.
Joe Sakic hopes for front office position: Perhaps he couldn’t stand the idea of Steve Yzerman getting all that GM attention?
Chris Mason surprised by Halak trade: Join the club.
Dallas Stars might move training camp to Prince Edward Island: As long as they don’t visit Prince Albert Island …
Competition committee proposes head shot penalty: Glad to see that the league (appears) serious about cutting down on the out-of-hand problem.
Rob Blake formally announces retirement: It’s always nice to see a player retire at the right time. Blake still had a bit of gas left in the tank, but now is a good time for him to hang ’em up.
My choices for an imaginary under-25 First and Second All-Star team: It’s probably important to note that these are the faulty choices of my own. Brandon and Joe would probably pick different squads.
Video: Rob Blake’s “greatest hits”: Seriously, that guy could throw a frightening hip check.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)