Jun 18, 2010, 11:07 AM EDT
According to an AP report, former Detroit Red Wings great Sergei
Fedorov is facing foreclosure on two homes in the Detroit area.
The PrivateBank and Trust Co. says Fedorov owes more than US$2 million.
The Oakland County Treasurer’s Office says he also owes more than
$51,000 in property taxes.
The Detroit News reports Friday that Fedorov owes nearly $1.2 million on
a 390-square-metre home that he bought in 1999 for $1.25 million.
Unless Fedorov is having incredible financial issues outside of
hockey, it’s unlikely this is a case of him just not being able to pay
his bills. He recently signed a one-year contract with Washington for $4
million in 2008, and was just paid $9.2 million this past season as
part of a two-year contract with Magnitogorsk of the KHL.
However, there is the lawsuit that Fedorov filed against Joseph Zada
last summer relating to $43 million in investments Fedorov had made.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)