Jun 18, 2010, 11:07 AM EDT
According to an AP report, former Detroit Red Wings great Sergei
Fedorov is facing foreclosure on two homes in the Detroit area.
The PrivateBank and Trust Co. says Fedorov owes more than US$2 million.
The Oakland County Treasurer’s Office says he also owes more than
$51,000 in property taxes.
The Detroit News reports Friday that Fedorov owes nearly $1.2 million on
a 390-square-metre home that he bought in 1999 for $1.25 million.
Unless Fedorov is having incredible financial issues outside of
hockey, it’s unlikely this is a case of him just not being able to pay
his bills. He recently signed a one-year contract with Washington for $4
million in 2008, and was just paid $9.2 million this past season as
part of a two-year contract with Magnitogorsk of the KHL.
However, there is the lawsuit that Fedorov filed against Joseph Zada
last summer relating to $43 million in investments Fedorov had made.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming