Jun 18, 2010, 11:07 AM EDT
According to an AP report, former Detroit Red Wings great Sergei
Fedorov is facing foreclosure on two homes in the Detroit area.
The PrivateBank and Trust Co. says Fedorov owes more than US$2 million.
The Oakland County Treasurer’s Office says he also owes more than
$51,000 in property taxes.
The Detroit News reports Friday that Fedorov owes nearly $1.2 million on
a 390-square-metre home that he bought in 1999 for $1.25 million.
Unless Fedorov is having incredible financial issues outside of
hockey, it’s unlikely this is a case of him just not being able to pay
his bills. He recently signed a one-year contract with Washington for $4
million in 2008, and was just paid $9.2 million this past season as
part of a two-year contract with Magnitogorsk of the KHL.
However, there is the lawsuit that Fedorov filed against Joseph Zada
last summer relating to $43 million in investments Fedorov had made.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40