Jun 18, 2010, 11:07 AM EDT
According to an AP report, former Detroit Red Wings great Sergei
Fedorov is facing foreclosure on two homes in the Detroit area.
The PrivateBank and Trust Co. says Fedorov owes more than US$2 million.
The Oakland County Treasurer’s Office says he also owes more than
$51,000 in property taxes.
The Detroit News reports Friday that Fedorov owes nearly $1.2 million on
a 390-square-metre home that he bought in 1999 for $1.25 million.
Unless Fedorov is having incredible financial issues outside of
hockey, it’s unlikely this is a case of him just not being able to pay
his bills. He recently signed a one-year contract with Washington for $4
million in 2008, and was just paid $9.2 million this past season as
part of a two-year contract with Magnitogorsk of the KHL.
However, there is the lawsuit that Fedorov filed against Joseph Zada
last summer relating to $43 million in investments Fedorov had made.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)