Jun 18, 2010, 11:07 AM EST
According to an AP report, former Detroit Red Wings great Sergei
Fedorov is facing foreclosure on two homes in the Detroit area.
The PrivateBank and Trust Co. says Fedorov owes more than US$2 million.
The Oakland County Treasurer’s Office says he also owes more than
$51,000 in property taxes.
The Detroit News reports Friday that Fedorov owes nearly $1.2 million on
a 390-square-metre home that he bought in 1999 for $1.25 million.
Unless Fedorov is having incredible financial issues outside of
hockey, it’s unlikely this is a case of him just not being able to pay
his bills. He recently signed a one-year contract with Washington for $4
million in 2008, and was just paid $9.2 million this past season as
part of a two-year contract with Magnitogorsk of the KHL.
However, there is the lawsuit that Fedorov filed against Joseph Zada
last summer relating to $43 million in investments Fedorov had made.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)