Jun 17, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
The Nashville Predators signed Francis Bouillon to a two-year, $2.7 million contract extension according to TSN. What does this really mean? The world receives two more seasons worth of “Bouillon Cube” puns.
Bouillon played a career-high 81 games for the Predators in the 2009-10 season, managing to notch 3 goals, 11 points and a +5 rating. He saw a significant increase in ice time compared to his last couple years with the Montreal Canadiens, averaging 19:18 minutes per game for Nashville.
Going into the summer, it seems highly probable that the Predators will lose their sought-after third best blueliner Dan Hamhuis. With that in mind, it makes sense that the small market team would be eager to retain a guy like Bouillon for a cheap price.
Despite being relatively small for an NHL defenseman, Bouillon is considered to be one of the strongest pound-for-pound defensemen in the league. When you add “The Cube” to the mix, the Predators have four NHL-level blueliners wrapped up right now: Bouillon, Shea Weber, Ryan Suter and Kevin Klein.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (72)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (68)