Jun 17, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed Francis Bouillon to a two-year, $2.7 million contract extension according to TSN. What does this really mean? The world receives two more seasons worth of “Bouillon Cube” puns.
Bouillon played a career-high 81 games for the Predators in the 2009-10 season, managing to notch 3 goals, 11 points and a +5 rating. He saw a significant increase in ice time compared to his last couple years with the Montreal Canadiens, averaging 19:18 minutes per game for Nashville.
Going into the summer, it seems highly probable that the Predators will lose their sought-after third best blueliner Dan Hamhuis. With that in mind, it makes sense that the small market team would be eager to retain a guy like Bouillon for a cheap price.
Despite being relatively small for an NHL defenseman, Bouillon is considered to be one of the strongest pound-for-pound defensemen in the league. When you add “The Cube” to the mix, the Predators have four NHL-level blueliners wrapped up right now: Bouillon, Shea Weber, Ryan Suter and Kevin Klein.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 2
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)