Jun 17, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed Francis Bouillon to a two-year, $2.7 million contract extension according to TSN. What does this really mean? The world receives two more seasons worth of “Bouillon Cube” puns.
Bouillon played a career-high 81 games for the Predators in the 2009-10 season, managing to notch 3 goals, 11 points and a +5 rating. He saw a significant increase in ice time compared to his last couple years with the Montreal Canadiens, averaging 19:18 minutes per game for Nashville.
Going into the summer, it seems highly probable that the Predators will lose their sought-after third best blueliner Dan Hamhuis. With that in mind, it makes sense that the small market team would be eager to retain a guy like Bouillon for a cheap price.
Despite being relatively small for an NHL defenseman, Bouillon is considered to be one of the strongest pound-for-pound defensemen in the league. When you add “The Cube” to the mix, the Predators have four NHL-level blueliners wrapped up right now: Bouillon, Shea Weber, Ryan Suter and Kevin Klein.
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 0
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 15
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)