Jun 17, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Ice Edge Holdings met with Gary Bettman and other NHL officials on Tuesday to discuss their potential offer to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, according to Rebekah Sanders of the Arizona Republic.
The NHL is expected to continue examining Ice Edge’s proposal before team owners hold a vote. Meanwhile, the group continues to work out final details of the arena lease agreement with Glendale.
Ice Edge must prove to the city that it has financing to complete the team purchase by Friday.
If the group does not meet the deadline, Glendale would be free to re-open negotiations with any other group interested in buying the Coyotes. The NHL has given Glendale until Dec. 31 to complete a deal with a future owner. The extension was given after the city pledged $25 million to cover team losses until a buyer is secured.
While the story is far from over, it’s good to see that the process is at least moving toward a resolution. We’ll keep you up to date about the situation as details trickle down.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)