Jun 17, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
Ice Edge Holdings met with Gary Bettman and other NHL officials on Tuesday to discuss their potential offer to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, according to Rebekah Sanders of the Arizona Republic.
The NHL is expected to continue examining Ice Edge’s proposal before team owners hold a vote. Meanwhile, the group continues to work out final details of the arena lease agreement with Glendale.
Ice Edge must prove to the city that it has financing to complete the team purchase by Friday.
If the group does not meet the deadline, Glendale would be free to re-open negotiations with any other group interested in buying the Coyotes. The NHL has given Glendale until Dec. 31 to complete a deal with a future owner. The extension was given after the city pledged $25 million to cover team losses until a buyer is secured.
While the story is far from over, it’s good to see that the process is at least moving toward a resolution. We’ll keep you up to date about the situation as details trickle down.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 19
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)