Jun 16, 2010, 11:38 PM EDT
Next Friday and Saturday brings us the spectacle and pure dumb luck of the NHL entry draft and today the NHL showed off the complete order of picks in a rather seemingly confusing chart to scope out on their site.
Scanning over this shows us that the team with the most picks to work with are the Carolina Hurricanes with eleven, including three in the second round and two in the third round. The amount of value that can be found in those rounds is tremendous and for a team that’s looking to build up the farm while the big club goes into “budget” mode, making the most of those picks would be wise.
Meanwhile San Jose and Dallas will both be twiddling their thumbs or working the phones trying to acquire picks as they’ve each got four picks apiece. Both teams do have their first round picks so they’ve got that going for them. Dallas has their pick in the second, third and fifth round while the Sharks have a third and two fifths. If they were drinking booze instead of drafting players, they’d be ready to party but it appears there’s no one named Jack Daniels available this year.
Carolina isn’t the only team with double-digit picks as both the Islanders and Oilers have ten picks to try and fill out their amateur ranks with. The Islanders have six picks in the top 100, the same number the Hurricanes do. Not too shabby for two teams that were the definition of “shabby” last season.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)