Jun 16, 2010, 11:38 PM EST
Next Friday and Saturday brings us the spectacle and pure dumb luck of the NHL entry draft and today the NHL showed off the complete order of picks in a rather seemingly confusing chart to scope out on their site.
Scanning over this shows us that the team with the most picks to work with are the Carolina Hurricanes with eleven, including three in the second round and two in the third round. The amount of value that can be found in those rounds is tremendous and for a team that’s looking to build up the farm while the big club goes into “budget” mode, making the most of those picks would be wise.
Meanwhile San Jose and Dallas will both be twiddling their thumbs or working the phones trying to acquire picks as they’ve each got four picks apiece. Both teams do have their first round picks so they’ve got that going for them. Dallas has their pick in the second, third and fifth round while the Sharks have a third and two fifths. If they were drinking booze instead of drafting players, they’d be ready to party but it appears there’s no one named Jack Daniels available this year.
Carolina isn’t the only team with double-digit picks as both the Islanders and Oilers have ten picks to try and fill out their amateur ranks with. The Islanders have six picks in the top 100, the same number the Hurricanes do. Not too shabby for two teams that were the definition of “shabby” last season.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)