Jun 16, 2010, 11:38 PM EST
Next Friday and Saturday brings us the spectacle and pure dumb luck of the NHL entry draft and today the NHL showed off the complete order of picks in a rather seemingly confusing chart to scope out on their site.
Scanning over this shows us that the team with the most picks to work with are the Carolina Hurricanes with eleven, including three in the second round and two in the third round. The amount of value that can be found in those rounds is tremendous and for a team that’s looking to build up the farm while the big club goes into “budget” mode, making the most of those picks would be wise.
Meanwhile San Jose and Dallas will both be twiddling their thumbs or working the phones trying to acquire picks as they’ve each got four picks apiece. Both teams do have their first round picks so they’ve got that going for them. Dallas has their pick in the second, third and fifth round while the Sharks have a third and two fifths. If they were drinking booze instead of drafting players, they’d be ready to party but it appears there’s no one named Jack Daniels available this year.
Carolina isn’t the only team with double-digit picks as both the Islanders and Oilers have ten picks to try and fill out their amateur ranks with. The Islanders have six picks in the top 100, the same number the Hurricanes do. Not too shabby for two teams that were the definition of “shabby” last season.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)