Jun 14, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Everyone seems to want to rain on the Blackhawks’ proverbial parade.
of the local sports heroes are happy for the Blackhawks and their
Stanley Cup win, as it’s always great to see a city rejoice in unison.
Especially when hockey is involved. Yet a day after Ozzie Guillen
claimed that the White Sox parade was better than the Blackhawks’,
former Chicago Bears defensive end Richard Dent told the Chicago Tribune
that the Bears’ Super Bowl win ranks ahead of the Hawks’ Stanley Cup.
“I don’t think it ranks up there with our championship. People had a
swagger when they talked about our championship because they know we
would go out and kick ass and take names and come home with a victory.
There was no doubt, there was no worry. It was all about taking care of
business. If (the Blackhawks) play like that over the next three or four
years….then you can start talking about other stuff.”
Once again, Dent isn’t coming out and destroying the
Hawks but I don’t get this inferiority complex in Chicago that has
forced this players and coaches to keep saying “ours was better.”
interesting — unless the reporters in Chicago are pressing for these
comments — is that I haven’t heard anyone comparing the Hawks win in
2010 to the White Sox win in 2005 or to the Bears win in 1985. Yet they
keep coming out, saying how great their celebration was or how much
better there championship was. Who cares — it’s all great for your
city, that’s what matters.
Maybe it’s better for the Bears because
the chances of them repeating before the Hawks do are looking pretty
darn slim at this point. Imagine if the Bears had anyone other than Rex
Grossman under center a few years ago — oh what might have been.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)