Jun 14, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Everyone seems to want to rain on the Blackhawks’ proverbial parade.
of the local sports heroes are happy for the Blackhawks and their
Stanley Cup win, as it’s always great to see a city rejoice in unison.
Especially when hockey is involved. Yet a day after Ozzie Guillen
claimed that the White Sox parade was better than the Blackhawks’,
former Chicago Bears defensive end Richard Dent told the Chicago Tribune
that the Bears’ Super Bowl win ranks ahead of the Hawks’ Stanley Cup.
“I don’t think it ranks up there with our championship. People had a
swagger when they talked about our championship because they know we
would go out and kick ass and take names and come home with a victory.
There was no doubt, there was no worry. It was all about taking care of
business. If (the Blackhawks) play like that over the next three or four
years….then you can start talking about other stuff.”
Once again, Dent isn’t coming out and destroying the
Hawks but I don’t get this inferiority complex in Chicago that has
forced this players and coaches to keep saying “ours was better.”
interesting — unless the reporters in Chicago are pressing for these
comments — is that I haven’t heard anyone comparing the Hawks win in
2010 to the White Sox win in 2005 or to the Bears win in 1985. Yet they
keep coming out, saying how great their celebration was or how much
better there championship was. Who cares — it’s all great for your
city, that’s what matters.
Maybe it’s better for the Bears because
the chances of them repeating before the Hawks do are looking pretty
darn slim at this point. Imagine if the Bears had anyone other than Rex
Grossman under center a few years ago — oh what might have been.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)