Jun 13, 2010, 6:38 PM EST
Maybe he didn’t mean for it to come across the way it did. Then
again, I doubt that Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen really cares
about how his comments are perceived.
Before tonight’s game at
Wrigley Field, where the Chicago Blackhawks will be honored before the
Cubs and White Sox crowd, Guillen made this completely unwarranted
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune:
“Ours was better,” Guillen said of the parade, “because there were more
people. I guarantee there were more.”
Estimates have two million fans jamming the Loop last Friday for the
Guillen, admittedly biased, says the White Sox’s winding route from U.
S. Cellular Field through the neighborhoods was much longer than the
Blackhawks’ journey through downtown, therefore more total people were
able to see it.
If that isn’t just another childish way of saying “my new red toy car
is better than yours” then I don’t know what is.
I guess this is
just another day for me to opine on other sports on PHT, but I have to
admit that I never liked Ozzie Guillen. I know he’s entertaining and
all, with his completely unreadable Twitter account and various other
methods of just saying too much, but I can’t believe how he always has
to make it about himself.
The Chicago Blackhawks are enjoying a
once in a lifetime opportunity, and the city is buzzing with their
win.”Ours was better..” is exactly what I would expect from Ozzie, I
Of course, he did go on to say there were “tears in his
eyes” when Kane scored the winning goal. Right.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 41
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)