Jun 13, 2010, 6:38 PM EST
Maybe he didn’t mean for it to come across the way it did. Then
again, I doubt that Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen really cares
about how his comments are perceived.
Before tonight’s game at
Wrigley Field, where the Chicago Blackhawks will be honored before the
Cubs and White Sox crowd, Guillen made this completely unwarranted
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune:
“Ours was better,” Guillen said of the parade, “because there were more
people. I guarantee there were more.”
Estimates have two million fans jamming the Loop last Friday for the
Guillen, admittedly biased, says the White Sox’s winding route from U.
S. Cellular Field through the neighborhoods was much longer than the
Blackhawks’ journey through downtown, therefore more total people were
able to see it.
If that isn’t just another childish way of saying “my new red toy car
is better than yours” then I don’t know what is.
I guess this is
just another day for me to opine on other sports on PHT, but I have to
admit that I never liked Ozzie Guillen. I know he’s entertaining and
all, with his completely unreadable Twitter account and various other
methods of just saying too much, but I can’t believe how he always has
to make it about himself.
The Chicago Blackhawks are enjoying a
once in a lifetime opportunity, and the city is buzzing with their
win.”Ours was better..” is exactly what I would expect from Ozzie, I
Of course, he did go on to say there were “tears in his
eyes” when Kane scored the winning goal. Right.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54