Jun 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
We haven’t really covered this much on PHT, as I prefer to focus on the actual hockey, but as expected Mark Hardy has resigned as assistant coach of the Los Angeles Kings. Hardy is facing felony fourth-degree sexual abuse, a charge than involves a family member.
I’m not going to get into the details of what happened here, but you can read the original LA Times story on his arrest in May here.
From the team:
“Mark Hardy last night resigned from his position on the Kings’ coaching
staff. We have no further comment on this matter. The search for a new
Kings assistant coach will begin immediately.”
Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider also notes that Jamie Kompon and Bill Ranford have not been signed for next season either. The Kings are on the cusp of truly breaking out as a great team, it would be unfortunate if problems with assistant coaches derailed any of that.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 34
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)