Jun 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
We haven’t really covered this much on PHT, as I prefer to focus on the actual hockey, but as expected Mark Hardy has resigned as assistant coach of the Los Angeles Kings. Hardy is facing felony fourth-degree sexual abuse, a charge than involves a family member.
I’m not going to get into the details of what happened here, but you can read the original LA Times story on his arrest in May here.
From the team:
“Mark Hardy last night resigned from his position on the Kings’ coaching
staff. We have no further comment on this matter. The search for a new
Kings assistant coach will begin immediately.”
Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider also notes that Jamie Kompon and Bill Ranford have not been signed for next season either. The Kings are on the cusp of truly breaking out as a great team, it would be unfortunate if problems with assistant coaches derailed any of that.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)