Jun 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
We haven’t really covered this much on PHT, as I prefer to focus on the actual hockey, but as expected Mark Hardy has resigned as assistant coach of the Los Angeles Kings. Hardy is facing felony fourth-degree sexual abuse, a charge than involves a family member.
I’m not going to get into the details of what happened here, but you can read the original LA Times story on his arrest in May here.
From the team:
“Mark Hardy last night resigned from his position on the Kings’ coaching
staff. We have no further comment on this matter. The search for a new
Kings assistant coach will begin immediately.”
Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider also notes that Jamie Kompon and Bill Ranford have not been signed for next season either. The Kings are on the cusp of truly breaking out as a great team, it would be unfortunate if problems with assistant coaches derailed any of that.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5