Jun 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
We haven’t really covered this much on PHT, as I prefer to focus on the actual hockey, but as expected Mark Hardy has resigned as assistant coach of the Los Angeles Kings. Hardy is facing felony fourth-degree sexual abuse, a charge than involves a family member.
I’m not going to get into the details of what happened here, but you can read the original LA Times story on his arrest in May here.
From the team:
“Mark Hardy last night resigned from his position on the Kings’ coaching
staff. We have no further comment on this matter. The search for a new
Kings assistant coach will begin immediately.”
Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider also notes that Jamie Kompon and Bill Ranford have not been signed for next season either. The Kings are on the cusp of truly breaking out as a great team, it would be unfortunate if problems with assistant coaches derailed any of that.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12