Jun 12, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
We haven’t really covered this much on PHT, as I prefer to focus on the actual hockey, but as expected Mark Hardy has resigned as assistant coach of the Los Angeles Kings. Hardy is facing felony fourth-degree sexual abuse, a charge than involves a family member.
I’m not going to get into the details of what happened here, but you can read the original LA Times story on his arrest in May here.
From the team:
“Mark Hardy last night resigned from his position on the Kings’ coaching
staff. We have no further comment on this matter. The search for a new
Kings assistant coach will begin immediately.”
Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider also notes that Jamie Kompon and Bill Ranford have not been signed for next season either. The Kings are on the cusp of truly breaking out as a great team, it would be unfortunate if problems with assistant coaches derailed any of that.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17