Jun 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
While Stan Bowman was the Chicago Blackhawks’ official GM during the 2009-10 season, there’s no doubt that former GM (and recently hired Florida Panthers GM) Dale Tallon’s fingerprints were all over that Cup winning team. Of course, a negative Nancy would say that he is also responsible for the ticking time bomb that is their salary cap situation.
So even though he was (somewhat callously) fired after “Faxgate” last summer, it’s nice to hear that the Blackhawks organization is going the classy route and sending him a championship ring. Steve Gorten from the Sun Sentinel reports on the smart move.
It’s good to see Blackhawks president John F. McDonough will do the right thing and give Dale Tallon a Stanley Cup ring.
McDonough told Chicago radio station ESPN 1000 today that Tallon “had an immeasurable impact on this franchise. He will absolutely get a ring and he deserves it.”
Tallon has been general manager of the Panthers for a few weeks now, but that hasn’t lessened his passion for the Blackhawks.
Tallon helped turn around the Blackhawks when they were in a dire state, so you never know. He might be able to help the Florida Panthers rise from the ashes of mediocrity. Even though the ex-GM wasn’t an official member of the front office when Jonathan Toews raised the Cup, they wouldn’t have been there without his guidance.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)