Jun 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
While Stan Bowman was the Chicago Blackhawks’ official GM during the 2009-10 season, there’s no doubt that former GM (and recently hired Florida Panthers GM) Dale Tallon’s fingerprints were all over that Cup winning team. Of course, a negative Nancy would say that he is also responsible for the ticking time bomb that is their salary cap situation.
So even though he was (somewhat callously) fired after “Faxgate” last summer, it’s nice to hear that the Blackhawks organization is going the classy route and sending him a championship ring. Steve Gorten from the Sun Sentinel reports on the smart move.
It’s good to see Blackhawks president John F. McDonough will do the right thing and give Dale Tallon a Stanley Cup ring.
McDonough told Chicago radio station ESPN 1000 today that Tallon “had an immeasurable impact on this franchise. He will absolutely get a ring and he deserves it.”
Tallon has been general manager of the Panthers for a few weeks now, but that hasn’t lessened his passion for the Blackhawks.
Tallon helped turn around the Blackhawks when they were in a dire state, so you never know. He might be able to help the Florida Panthers rise from the ashes of mediocrity. Even though the ex-GM wasn’t an official member of the front office when Jonathan Toews raised the Cup, they wouldn’t have been there without his guidance.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47