Jun 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
While Stan Bowman was the Chicago Blackhawks’ official GM during the 2009-10 season, there’s no doubt that former GM (and recently hired Florida Panthers GM) Dale Tallon’s fingerprints were all over that Cup winning team. Of course, a negative Nancy would say that he is also responsible for the ticking time bomb that is their salary cap situation.
So even though he was (somewhat callously) fired after “Faxgate” last summer, it’s nice to hear that the Blackhawks organization is going the classy route and sending him a championship ring. Steve Gorten from the Sun Sentinel reports on the smart move.
It’s good to see Blackhawks president John F. McDonough will do the right thing and give Dale Tallon a Stanley Cup ring.
McDonough told Chicago radio station ESPN 1000 today that Tallon “had an immeasurable impact on this franchise. He will absolutely get a ring and he deserves it.”
Tallon has been general manager of the Panthers for a few weeks now, but that hasn’t lessened his passion for the Blackhawks.
Tallon helped turn around the Blackhawks when they were in a dire state, so you never know. He might be able to help the Florida Panthers rise from the ashes of mediocrity. Even though the ex-GM wasn’t an official member of the front office when Jonathan Toews raised the Cup, they wouldn’t have been there without his guidance.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)