Jun 12, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
While Stan Bowman was the Chicago Blackhawks’ official GM during the 2009-10 season, there’s no doubt that former GM (and recently hired Florida Panthers GM) Dale Tallon’s fingerprints were all over that Cup winning team. Of course, a negative Nancy would say that he is also responsible for the ticking time bomb that is their salary cap situation.
So even though he was (somewhat callously) fired after “Faxgate” last summer, it’s nice to hear that the Blackhawks organization is going the classy route and sending him a championship ring. Steve Gorten from the Sun Sentinel reports on the smart move.
It’s good to see Blackhawks president John F. McDonough will do the right thing and give Dale Tallon a Stanley Cup ring.
McDonough told Chicago radio station ESPN 1000 today that Tallon “had an immeasurable impact on this franchise. He will absolutely get a ring and he deserves it.”
Tallon has been general manager of the Panthers for a few weeks now, but that hasn’t lessened his passion for the Blackhawks.
Tallon helped turn around the Blackhawks when they were in a dire state, so you never know. He might be able to help the Florida Panthers rise from the ashes of mediocrity. Even though the ex-GM wasn’t an official member of the front office when Jonathan Toews raised the Cup, they wouldn’t have been there without his guidance.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 51
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 19
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead