Jun 11, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
I once wrote that I’d be afraid to run into Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville in a dark alley (thanks to the general intimidation that comes from his magnificent mustache). While my reaction to Quenneville is a mixture of fear and ‘stache-deification, it appears that some Hawks fans treat him more like an unpopular gym teacher.
At least that’s the way it seems from this TMZ Sports story that details Blachawks fans toilet papering his house (I believe kids might also call it “rolling his house” although that sounds uncomfortably close to terminology for, um, something worse). Click on the photo to get a better look.
In the first photo of Quenneville, it’s difficult to tell if he’s slightly irritated or bemused. (His dog looks happy, though.)
My guess is that Quenneville – and really, just about anyone with the slightest connection to the Chicago Blackhawks organization – is in such a state of bliss that a little toilet paper isn’t going to ruin anything. Sure, I imagine the coach will have more fun at the team’s parade and during his day with the Cup, but it’s been a while since the city had a Cup winner. Forgive them if they fail to “act like they’ve been there before.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5