Jun 10, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Earlier in the postseason, Roenick tried to pretend that he wasn’t secretly rooting for the Blackhawks to win the Cup. After tonight, there is no doubt.
One of the greatest American players to ever step onto the ice in the NHL, Roenick never won a Cup during his long career. He came close, going to the finals with Chicago in 1991 but never came that close again.
Tonight, his emotions got the best of him.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5