Jun 10, 2010, 2:15 AM EDT
Earlier in the postseason, Roenick tried to pretend that he wasn’t secretly rooting for the Blackhawks to win the Cup. After tonight, there is no doubt.
One of the greatest American players to ever step onto the ice in the NHL, Roenick never won a Cup during his long career. He came close, going to the finals with Chicago in 1991 but never came that close again.
Tonight, his emotions got the best of him.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22