Jun 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
My initial thoughts on this?
This is just Adam Burish being himself, in a state of joy and for some reason uncontrolled honesty. What’s interesting about Burish calling out Pronger like this is that while Pronger was playing near 30 minutes a night, he was seeing very limited playing time and was scratched more often than not.
That being said, it’s incredibly entertaining but in the end a bit classless. This wasn’t the moment or the time to rub your opponent’s face in the mud, as you skate around their home arena with the Stanley Cup lifted over your head. Sure, the Hawks weren’t happy with how Pronger played but sometimes you just have to take the high road.
I’m sure the Hawks PR staff nearly had an aneurysm when they heard about this, but this is what is so great about hockey. Now we’ll have months of waiting to see what will happen when Burish faces Pronger again on the ice. That is, of course, if Burish is active for that game.
Meanwhile, expect Pronger to just look annoyed and not acknowledge the question if asked about it.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)