Jun 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
My initial thoughts on this?
This is just Adam Burish being himself, in a state of joy and for some reason uncontrolled honesty. What’s interesting about Burish calling out Pronger like this is that while Pronger was playing near 30 minutes a night, he was seeing very limited playing time and was scratched more often than not.
That being said, it’s incredibly entertaining but in the end a bit classless. This wasn’t the moment or the time to rub your opponent’s face in the mud, as you skate around their home arena with the Stanley Cup lifted over your head. Sure, the Hawks weren’t happy with how Pronger played but sometimes you just have to take the high road.
I’m sure the Hawks PR staff nearly had an aneurysm when they heard about this, but this is what is so great about hockey. Now we’ll have months of waiting to see what will happen when Burish faces Pronger again on the ice. That is, of course, if Burish is active for that game.
Meanwhile, expect Pronger to just look annoyed and not acknowledge the question if asked about it.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)