Jun 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
My initial thoughts on this?
This is just Adam Burish being himself, in a state of joy and for some reason uncontrolled honesty. What’s interesting about Burish calling out Pronger like this is that while Pronger was playing near 30 minutes a night, he was seeing very limited playing time and was scratched more often than not.
That being said, it’s incredibly entertaining but in the end a bit classless. This wasn’t the moment or the time to rub your opponent’s face in the mud, as you skate around their home arena with the Stanley Cup lifted over your head. Sure, the Hawks weren’t happy with how Pronger played but sometimes you just have to take the high road.
I’m sure the Hawks PR staff nearly had an aneurysm when they heard about this, but this is what is so great about hockey. Now we’ll have months of waiting to see what will happen when Burish faces Pronger again on the ice. That is, of course, if Burish is active for that game.
Meanwhile, expect Pronger to just look annoyed and not acknowledge the question if asked about it.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)