Jun 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
My initial thoughts on this?
This is just Adam Burish being himself, in a state of joy and for some reason uncontrolled honesty. What’s interesting about Burish calling out Pronger like this is that while Pronger was playing near 30 minutes a night, he was seeing very limited playing time and was scratched more often than not.
That being said, it’s incredibly entertaining but in the end a bit classless. This wasn’t the moment or the time to rub your opponent’s face in the mud, as you skate around their home arena with the Stanley Cup lifted over your head. Sure, the Hawks weren’t happy with how Pronger played but sometimes you just have to take the high road.
I’m sure the Hawks PR staff nearly had an aneurysm when they heard about this, but this is what is so great about hockey. Now we’ll have months of waiting to see what will happen when Burish faces Pronger again on the ice. That is, of course, if Burish is active for that game.
Meanwhile, expect Pronger to just look annoyed and not acknowledge the question if asked about it.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 1
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 5
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 7
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8