Jun 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
My initial thoughts on this?
This is just Adam Burish being himself, in a state of joy and for some reason uncontrolled honesty. What’s interesting about Burish calling out Pronger like this is that while Pronger was playing near 30 minutes a night, he was seeing very limited playing time and was scratched more often than not.
That being said, it’s incredibly entertaining but in the end a bit classless. This wasn’t the moment or the time to rub your opponent’s face in the mud, as you skate around their home arena with the Stanley Cup lifted over your head. Sure, the Hawks weren’t happy with how Pronger played but sometimes you just have to take the high road.
I’m sure the Hawks PR staff nearly had an aneurysm when they heard about this, but this is what is so great about hockey. Now we’ll have months of waiting to see what will happen when Burish faces Pronger again on the ice. That is, of course, if Burish is active for that game.
Meanwhile, expect Pronger to just look annoyed and not acknowledge the question if asked about it.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)