Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EST
In late May, I asked PHT readers to vote on how much money Bobby Ryan should make as a restricted free agent. Take a look at the poll results below (click to enlarge).
So, my general guess for Ryan’s value seems to match the majority opinion of our audience (Perry-Getzlaf money) although “Jordan Staal money” was a competitive second. So, maybe Ryan’s worth $5.3 million or $4 million. Maybe somewhere in between?
I was heartened to see that there weren’t too many people who chose anything far above $6 million, though.
For what it’s worth, I’d rather pay Ryan somewhere in that $5.3 million-ish range than someone like Phil Kessel. Ryan has had some nice moments in his brief playoff experience and can create quite a bit of offense even if his linemates are a bit lacking. Ryan also brings a physical edge to his game, which means that he can occasionally make an impact even if he’s not scoring.
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of contract Ryan signs with the Ducks. We’ll keep you up to date on his restricted free agent situation as well as the many other transactions that will take place once July 1 hits.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 21
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)