Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
In late May, I asked PHT readers to vote on how much money Bobby Ryan should make as a restricted free agent. Take a look at the poll results below (click to enlarge).
So, my general guess for Ryan’s value seems to match the majority opinion of our audience (Perry-Getzlaf money) although “Jordan Staal money” was a competitive second. So, maybe Ryan’s worth $5.3 million or $4 million. Maybe somewhere in between?
I was heartened to see that there weren’t too many people who chose anything far above $6 million, though.
For what it’s worth, I’d rather pay Ryan somewhere in that $5.3 million-ish range than someone like Phil Kessel. Ryan has had some nice moments in his brief playoff experience and can create quite a bit of offense even if his linemates are a bit lacking. Ryan also brings a physical edge to his game, which means that he can occasionally make an impact even if he’s not scoring.
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of contract Ryan signs with the Ducks. We’ll keep you up to date on his restricted free agent situation as well as the many other transactions that will take place once July 1 hits.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5