Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
In late May, I asked PHT readers to vote on how much money Bobby Ryan should make as a restricted free agent. Take a look at the poll results below (click to enlarge).
So, my general guess for Ryan’s value seems to match the majority opinion of our audience (Perry-Getzlaf money) although “Jordan Staal money” was a competitive second. So, maybe Ryan’s worth $5.3 million or $4 million. Maybe somewhere in between?
I was heartened to see that there weren’t too many people who chose anything far above $6 million, though.
For what it’s worth, I’d rather pay Ryan somewhere in that $5.3 million-ish range than someone like Phil Kessel. Ryan has had some nice moments in his brief playoff experience and can create quite a bit of offense even if his linemates are a bit lacking. Ryan also brings a physical edge to his game, which means that he can occasionally make an impact even if he’s not scoring.
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of contract Ryan signs with the Ducks. We’ll keep you up to date on his restricted free agent situation as well as the many other transactions that will take place once July 1 hits.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 30
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)