Jun 9, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks 4, Philadelphia Flyers 3 (OT)
win the Stanley Cup finals, 4-2
It was perhaps the most
anti-climatic, oddest ending to a Stanley Cup finals we’ve seen in a
very long time.
Patrick Kane somehow snuck a wrist shot through
Michael Leighton’s pads from parallell with the goal line, and he was
the only one in the building that knew it. He took off down the ice,
screaming his head off while those on the ice looked around in confusion
on what had just happened. The Hawks tentatively celebrated while the
officials briefly reviewed the goal.
No lights. No signal from the
referees on the goal.
Just a lone player taking off down the ice
after scoring the biggest goal of his career.
Much, much more to
come on this game.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires