Jun 9, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks 4, Philadelphia Flyers 3 (OT)
win the Stanley Cup finals, 4-2
It was perhaps the most
anti-climatic, oddest ending to a Stanley Cup finals we’ve seen in a
very long time.
Patrick Kane somehow snuck a wrist shot through
Michael Leighton’s pads from parallell with the goal line, and he was
the only one in the building that knew it. He took off down the ice,
screaming his head off while those on the ice looked around in confusion
on what had just happened. The Hawks tentatively celebrated while the
officials briefly reviewed the goal.
No lights. No signal from the
referees on the goal.
Just a lone player taking off down the ice
after scoring the biggest goal of his career.
Much, much more to
come on this game.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 1
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 47
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 39
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)