Jun 9, 2010, 11:12 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks 4, Philadelphia Flyers 3 (OT)
win the Stanley Cup finals, 4-2
It was perhaps the most
anti-climatic, oddest ending to a Stanley Cup finals we’ve seen in a
very long time.
Patrick Kane somehow snuck a wrist shot through
Michael Leighton’s pads from parallell with the goal line, and he was
the only one in the building that knew it. He took off down the ice,
screaming his head off while those on the ice looked around in confusion
on what had just happened. The Hawks tentatively celebrated while the
officials briefly reviewed the goal.
No lights. No signal from the
referees on the goal.
Just a lone player taking off down the ice
after scoring the biggest goal of his career.
Much, much more to
come on this game.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)