Jun 9, 2010, 10:48 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 3, Chicago Blackhawks 3
lead series 3-3
At this point, it’s almost cliche to talk
about the resiliency of the Flyers. But here we are, as they tied up the
game late in the 3rd period to send Game 6 into overtime.
Hawks came out initially in the period controlling play, not allowing
the Flyers to get a shot on net for over 10 minutes of play. Yet the
later in the period it went, the more the Hawks would start to sit back
and let the Flyers to attack and attack.
Thanks to some big Antti
Niemi saves, the Hawks held onto the lead until Scott Hartnell knocked
in the game-tying goal when a puck was bounced around the crease off a
Ville Leino centering pass.
This will be one hell of an overtime.
The Hawks are playing to win the Stanley Cup while the Flyers are hoping
to prolong their season one more period.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)