Jun 9, 2010, 10:48 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 3, Chicago Blackhawks 3
lead series 3-3
At this point, it’s almost cliche to talk
about the resiliency of the Flyers. But here we are, as they tied up the
game late in the 3rd period to send Game 6 into overtime.
Hawks came out initially in the period controlling play, not allowing
the Flyers to get a shot on net for over 10 minutes of play. Yet the
later in the period it went, the more the Hawks would start to sit back
and let the Flyers to attack and attack.
Thanks to some big Antti
Niemi saves, the Hawks held onto the lead until Scott Hartnell knocked
in the game-tying goal when a puck was bounced around the crease off a
Ville Leino centering pass.
This will be one hell of an overtime.
The Hawks are playing to win the Stanley Cup while the Flyers are hoping
to prolong their season one more period.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 14
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)