Jun 9, 2010, 10:48 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 3, Chicago Blackhawks 3
lead series 3-3
At this point, it’s almost cliche to talk
about the resiliency of the Flyers. But here we are, as they tied up the
game late in the 3rd period to send Game 6 into overtime.
Hawks came out initially in the period controlling play, not allowing
the Flyers to get a shot on net for over 10 minutes of play. Yet the
later in the period it went, the more the Hawks would start to sit back
and let the Flyers to attack and attack.
Thanks to some big Antti
Niemi saves, the Hawks held onto the lead until Scott Hartnell knocked
in the game-tying goal when a puck was bounced around the crease off a
Ville Leino centering pass.
This will be one hell of an overtime.
The Hawks are playing to win the Stanley Cup while the Flyers are hoping
to prolong their season one more period.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 47
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)