Jun 9, 2010, 10:48 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 3, Chicago Blackhawks 3
lead series 3-3
At this point, it’s almost cliche to talk
about the resiliency of the Flyers. But here we are, as they tied up the
game late in the 3rd period to send Game 6 into overtime.
Hawks came out initially in the period controlling play, not allowing
the Flyers to get a shot on net for over 10 minutes of play. Yet the
later in the period it went, the more the Hawks would start to sit back
and let the Flyers to attack and attack.
Thanks to some big Antti
Niemi saves, the Hawks held onto the lead until Scott Hartnell knocked
in the game-tying goal when a puck was bounced around the crease off a
Ville Leino centering pass.
This will be one hell of an overtime.
The Hawks are playing to win the Stanley Cup while the Flyers are hoping
to prolong their season one more period.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 4
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 53
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)