Jun 9, 2010, 8:55 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 1, Chicago Blackhawks 1
lead series 3-2
Well, the trend of the Flyers starting games
The Flyers were outshot 17-7 and their supposed
MVP-favorite took two bad penalties in the first period, as Chris
Pronger watched the Hawks take a 1-0 lead while he was sitting in the
box. To add insult Dustin Byfuglien, the man Pronger has done so well
against overall, scored the goal.
Yet, as they always do, the
Flyers found a way to bounce back.
Scott Hartnell tied the game up
with a power play goal of his own, after he fought off a brutal Duncan
Keith slash to slam a rebound under Antti Niemi.
The Flyers need
to go back to the locker room, take a deep breath and forget about what
just happened. It’s a new game now, a fresh start.
For the Hawks,
they have to forget their frustration as once again the Flyers have
fought back to tie the game at home.
It’s a hard hitting, fast
game so far. The final 40 minutes should be incredible.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25