Jun 9, 2010, 8:55 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers 1, Chicago Blackhawks 1
lead series 3-2
Well, the trend of the Flyers starting games
The Flyers were outshot 17-7 and their supposed
MVP-favorite took two bad penalties in the first period, as Chris
Pronger watched the Hawks take a 1-0 lead while he was sitting in the
box. To add insult Dustin Byfuglien, the man Pronger has done so well
against overall, scored the goal.
Yet, as they always do, the
Flyers found a way to bounce back.
Scott Hartnell tied the game up
with a power play goal of his own, after he fought off a brutal Duncan
Keith slash to slam a rebound under Antti Niemi.
The Flyers need
to go back to the locker room, take a deep breath and forget about what
just happened. It’s a new game now, a fresh start.
For the Hawks,
they have to forget their frustration as once again the Flyers have
fought back to tie the game at home.
It’s a hard hitting, fast
game so far. The final 40 minutes should be incredible.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 17
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)