Jun 9, 2010, 8:55 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 1, Chicago Blackhawks 1
lead series 3-2
Well, the trend of the Flyers starting games
The Flyers were outshot 17-7 and their supposed
MVP-favorite took two bad penalties in the first period, as Chris
Pronger watched the Hawks take a 1-0 lead while he was sitting in the
box. To add insult Dustin Byfuglien, the man Pronger has done so well
against overall, scored the goal.
Yet, as they always do, the
Flyers found a way to bounce back.
Scott Hartnell tied the game up
with a power play goal of his own, after he fought off a brutal Duncan
Keith slash to slam a rebound under Antti Niemi.
The Flyers need
to go back to the locker room, take a deep breath and forget about what
just happened. It’s a new game now, a fresh start.
For the Hawks,
they have to forget their frustration as once again the Flyers have
fought back to tie the game at home.
It’s a hard hitting, fast
game so far. The final 40 minutes should be incredible.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22