Jun 9, 2010, 8:55 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers 1, Chicago Blackhawks 1
lead series 3-2
Well, the trend of the Flyers starting games
The Flyers were outshot 17-7 and their supposed
MVP-favorite took two bad penalties in the first period, as Chris
Pronger watched the Hawks take a 1-0 lead while he was sitting in the
box. To add insult Dustin Byfuglien, the man Pronger has done so well
against overall, scored the goal.
Yet, as they always do, the
Flyers found a way to bounce back.
Scott Hartnell tied the game up
with a power play goal of his own, after he fought off a brutal Duncan
Keith slash to slam a rebound under Antti Niemi.
The Flyers need
to go back to the locker room, take a deep breath and forget about what
just happened. It’s a new game now, a fresh start.
For the Hawks,
they have to forget their frustration as once again the Flyers have
fought back to tie the game at home.
It’s a hard hitting, fast
game so far. The final 40 minutes should be incredible.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 18
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 38
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 71
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks