Jun 8, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers coach Peter Laviolette was coy about it, but it appears that the team will start Michael Leighton for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. The official Flyers Twitter feed announced it.
Leighton’s home record is a staggering 6-0 and he’s been a mostly steady presence for the team, so I think it’s a reasonable move for Laviolette to give him a chance to bounce back from a rough Game 5 performance. Sunday’s game saw the journeyman netminder get pulled by the first intermission after allowing three goals. Naturally, that rough start made some speculate that Brian Boucher should get the nod for tomorrow’s elimination game.
The Flyers already made their decision, but I’m wondering: what do you think? Should the Flyers remain loyal to Leighton or go in a different direction by giving Boucher a try?
Vote in the poll below.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)