Jun 8, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers coach Peter Laviolette was coy about it, but it appears that the team will start Michael Leighton for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. The official Flyers Twitter feed announced it.
Leighton’s home record is a staggering 6-0 and he’s been a mostly steady presence for the team, so I think it’s a reasonable move for Laviolette to give him a chance to bounce back from a rough Game 5 performance. Sunday’s game saw the journeyman netminder get pulled by the first intermission after allowing three goals. Naturally, that rough start made some speculate that Brian Boucher should get the nod for tomorrow’s elimination game.
The Flyers already made their decision, but I’m wondering: what do you think? Should the Flyers remain loyal to Leighton or go in a different direction by giving Boucher a try?
Vote in the poll below.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)