Jun 7, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Guy Boucher turned down the Columbus Blue Jackets’ offer for their head coaching job, reports Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
My immediate reaction ranges from “hysterical laughter” to “yikes!” When a minor league coach rejects an NHL head coaching opportunity, there really are only two possibilities: 1. your team is horrible or 2. no, actually it’s just that your team is horrible.
Seriously, though, the Blue Jackets must be insulted and concerned. Really, the only example I can think of coaches rejecting head coaching jobs happens with the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. Does this make the Blue Jackets’ the NHL’s answer to the Raiders? Is Al Davis wearing a Rick Nash jersey?
Ouch, sorry Blue Jackets fans. Hey, you know, Ken Hitchock is looking for a … oh, right. My mistake.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45