Jun 7, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Guy Boucher turned down the Columbus Blue Jackets’ offer for their head coaching job, reports Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
My immediate reaction ranges from “hysterical laughter” to “yikes!” When a minor league coach rejects an NHL head coaching opportunity, there really are only two possibilities: 1. your team is horrible or 2. no, actually it’s just that your team is horrible.
Seriously, though, the Blue Jackets must be insulted and concerned. Really, the only example I can think of coaches rejecting head coaching jobs happens with the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. Does this make the Blue Jackets’ the NHL’s answer to the Raiders? Is Al Davis wearing a Rick Nash jersey?
Ouch, sorry Blue Jackets fans. Hey, you know, Ken Hitchock is looking for a … oh, right. My mistake.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)